Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Congrats on the new (for you) truck! I recently bought a used high ground clearance truck also, and it didn't originally come with step bars either, (which the wife needs) and had to be added.

Did yours come with a back up camera? Mine's an older model and didn't have one. My wife demanded that be added also, if she ever had to drive it. Thankfully they're pretty cheap to add nowadays, compared to when they first came out.
Yes mine came with backup camera already but I been so use to using my side-view mirrors I forget to use the camera view . I'm having mine installed locally . I looked online and what I find is my local place charged the same price as online and DIY type . My local charges $65.00 installed . I'm not physically able to do it myself as well I don't have the proper tools either . This is the website I found them on .

https://runningboardwarehouse.com/shop-by-vehicle/ford/f-150/2009-2014/supercrew/ionic-5-railway-chrome-running-boards-4287c2059.html

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Yes mine came with backup camera already but I been so use to using my side-view mirrors I forget to use the camera view . I'm having mine installed locally . I looked online and what I find is my local place charged the same price as online and DIY type . My local charges $65.00 installed . I'm not physically able to do it myself as well I don't have the proper tools either . This is the website I found them on .

https://runningboardwarehouse.com/shop-by-vehicle/ford/f-150/2009-2014/supercrew/ionic-5-railway-chrome-running-boards-4287c2059.html
I too use the side mirrors to generally back up. (unlike my wife, who never seemed to get the hang of it) I have found however when I once rented a large vehicle that had a backup camera that it was great for telling how close you were to something directly behind you. The video had lines on it for reference. That's something that's hard to judge with the side mirrors.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
That is one sweet truck, bro!! Congrats!! :thumb: Is that the 5.5' bed? Is yours four-wheel drive or the two-wheel drive model? I've heard the 5.0L motor is a great one. Used to have a 1990 F150 Lariat 4X4 with a 5.8L Modified. It was a great truck. Sold it in 2009 to a friend and his son is still driving it.

Nothing like a new truck, is there? Just sold our 2014 Tahoe Z71 and bought a 2017 Silverado Z71 LTZ Crew Cab Short Bed with the tow package. The poor Tahoe (while a terrific truck) just didn't have enough oomph on the hills. This one does and it was time to get back into a pickup truck, anyway.

Reactions: RonPT24/7

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Nice truck. I have it's brother! Same color. :)

BW

Reactions: RonPT24/7
21 - 25 of 25 Posts