Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and my TN Handgun Carry Permits came yesterday!

Took about a month from paperwork turn in to having it in hand.

Between work (no weapons allowed there) and sleep, haven't been out of the house anywhere to exercise my permit yet, but maybe tomorrow...

Can't describe the feeling, but I'm sure you all can all relate. The best I can figure, it is pride, mixed with a little apprehension, mixed with a sense of freedom...

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Nice! A wally walk is in order!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
My wife and my TN Handgun Carry Permits came yesterday!

Took about a month from paperwork turn in to having it in hand.

Between work (no weapons allowed there) and sleep, haven't been out of the house anywhere to exercise my permit yet, but maybe tomorrow...

Can't describe the feeling, but I'm sure you all can all relate. The best I can figure, it is pride, mixed with a little apprehension, mixed with a sense of freedom...
Congratulations to both of you!

Carry often and safely.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Congratulations. carry safe, carry smart, and carry often!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
My TN Permit took slightly longer but I know the feeling you describe! The Wally Walk was first for me, then a few trips to some grocery stores followed by hardware stores. It didn't take long to become comfortable and at ease. However, it's like pulling a trailer with a motorcycle, it's OK to be comfortable but DON'T FORGET IT'S THERE!

Enjoy your new found freedom!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congrats to you both. Carry often and safely.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the club! (I can say that since yesterday afternoon).

Picked up my card Friday. Only took 4 day for background check. Take the class, take paperwork to sheriff, background check, pick up papers and go to DMV for card.

Went out this morning and got a holster to carry. Been on since I got it, but haven't left home yet. Shopping trip (food) this afternoon, so I'll get my first outting soon enough.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
Congrats, carry always, be safe.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Congrats to you and the Mrs, a very smart Family indeed!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, did my official Wally Walk. No one was any the wiser.

I have some kinks to work out though. I like appendix carry for how it doesn't print, ease of draw, and feel when I'm walking around. But, it really hurts sitting down in the truck (or anywhere) and I feel as though I can't move as freely to reach and turn in the truck.

4 o'clock feels ok, but I think it prints more and still not comfy in the truck.

I guess I could get one of those truck steering column holster holders to take it out of the pants when in the truck.

But overall... Felt great to exercise my rights!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,741 Posts
Good to hear about your wife.
Now about your permit????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got the Gum Creek steering wheel holster mount set up.

Will make a great way to keep the Nano handy while sitting in my truck without it digging in my back or side...

Choose left hand draw even though I'm right handed because if I'm standing next to the truck and have to draw, I can. (And I had the extra RH holster sitting around and it ends up LH when mounted).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts