Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally! I'm so stoked! My wife "let" me pick out my Christmas gift...she already knew where we were headed. I have wanted one of these for a while now, and now I have it! My G2C has his big brother now.

Chomping at the bit to shoot it!

·
Super Moderator
36,793 Posts
I may have to move to IN...it would be nice to be able to select a firearm and go home with it. Congratulations on the new pistola!

·
8,790 Posts
Quit chomping on that bit, gonna hurt your lips....:p The G3 is a surprising pistol, at least mine is. It is accurate and soft shooting. Currently mine got elevated to home defense, since I just traded off my Creed along with another , to add to my meager gun stash to buy a few more. Even though it was cool and dreary today, I tested out my new G2C and new to me S&W 59. reviews on both upcoming. Enjoy your G3 and let us know how it performs.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may have to move to IN...it would be nice to be able to select a firearm and go home with it. Congratulations on the new pistola!
Yeah, other than having to pass the NICS check, it's not too many hurdles you have to jump here. Besides, if you moved here, you would have to help carry the blame for all of Chicago's gun violence...they keep blaming Hoosiers for our "lax" gun laws. :p

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Congrats on your new pistol.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
79 Posts
Cutting up my FOID when I left Chicagoland for Indiana this summer was wonderful.

Definitely looking forward to hearing about how the G3 shoots, I almost bought one instead of my G2C. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Congrats I am still trying to SWALLOW my pride of the First Gen to get one of the G-2 or G-3 not afraid of them more afraid I`ll like it better than my collection of first generations amid the nay sayers and FRIVOLOUS lawsuit I have maintained the First Generation not that they were flawless but it took an equally moronic move of trigger play to negate the safety, making them fire with safety on and DROP FIRE. Morons would play with the triggers and set safety. Now the Revolvers did have safety bar issues that even I can not defend.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The finish on that gun looks amazing! I really want one, but I cannot justify it.
Why? For the price, it's one hell of a pistol. I have not had a chance to get to the range yet! :( I have been working too much, so that I can have 6 days off, over the Christmas holiday...you can bet your butt that I will be going then!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welp, finally got the G3 to the range this morning, along with the Ruger LCRx 3" in .38 Special + P, and the used TH9c I bought yesterday. All three pistols ran great! I shoot at steel now, so I don't have a picture to post up for target accuracy, but I had no problems hitting my steel plate from 5,7, and 10 yards with all three.

The G3, the subject here, ran 100 rounds without any problems. I ran everything from 115 grain to 147 grain, FMJ & JHP's, brass, steel, nickle plate, and aluminum...it all ran perfectly. I am so happy with this pistol.

The Ruger ran all good as well. Standard pressure .38 was a breeze, and the 125 grain + P's I had were no problem with recoil...the trigger is great on this revolver, and the adjustable sights are perfect.

Yesterday, I was able to complete my quest for a TH9c, when I went to one of the local gun shops. I came across a TH9c, with FDE grip frame, in excellent shape and complete. They had a price of 199$ on it, so I took it with me. The gun ran perfectly with any type of ammo I put through it. I like the DA/SA trigger system on it a lot, and am happy I finally have this model of Taurus. I have posted up pics of my G3 & Ruger already, so I'll just post up a pic of the TH9c. Great gun, all three!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts