Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found a nice deal in GrabAGun for a 686+, 3". Love the gun, but the standard sights no longer work well with my eyes (or, my eyes no longer work well with these sights, haha!). I had a similar model 3 years ago (flipped it, you know the story, haha), got this one today. Love it!

That light red front section just doesn't do the job, anymore, so I'm looking at options. The stock adjustable sights took a lot of adjusting to get lined up, but I eventually got them set, and shot well, but it just took to long to find the front site.

I'm going to my LGS tomorrow after researching some options tonight. Shouldn't be too much trouble to get done. Here are a couple of pics of the gun:

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Enjoy! Certainly can't beat GAG's prices! Over the past few months I've left my semi's at home in the safe and have become a revolver guy. There, I've said it!

Reactions: Valjean

·
Registered
969 Posts
Congrats! Really nice. I like those grips in particular.;)

·
Administrator
18,414 Posts
Very very Nice 686+ you have there! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :smile:

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
There is an adapter the will allow you to put a red dot sight on your 686. It is a small picatinny rail that replaces the rear sight and is drilled to fit the screw pattern for the rear sight. Don't know the name but I am sure you can Google it.

Reactions: Valjean and 57K

·
Registered
729 Posts
Congrats on your 686. I am currently watching a few on Gunbroker but doubt I will ever be able to afford one. Really like the 3" barrel too.

·
Registered
969 Posts
There is an adapter the will allow you to put a red dot sight on your 686. It is a small picatinny rail that replaces the rear sight and is drilled to fit the screw pattern for the rear sight. Don't know the name but I am sure you can Google it.
B-Square has been making such a base for years, it may be a Weaver rather than a Picatanny, and there are dot optic models that work on the Weaver base.;)

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
What’s not to like in a 7 shot 357 MAG with a 3” barrel?

Looks like a pin accessible front sight holder. Are MY eyes deceiving me?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I put the Raptor mount and a Fastfire 3 on my 5" 686+ and it works great. Not quite as flexible as a weaver rail, since it's made for specific sights, but it's a lot purtier and gives you a low, small mount.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What’s not to like in a 7 shot 357 MAG with a 3” barrel?

Looks like a pin accessible front sight holder. Are MY eyes deceiving me?
Your eyes are NOT deceiving you, sir! :) I've ordered a fiber optic sight front from Dawson Precision (.280 x .125 for those who might be interested...Dawson has about 30 different sizes available!).

I snooped around a lot for what might work/be available. Here is what I found:

HIVIZ (Fiber Optic) - a few too many mixed reviews, some saying the brightness deteriorated over a few months (online reviews...take 'em with a grain of salt, I suppose)

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone!

TruGlow - J Frame only, so no luck there

XS Sights - the 'big dot' (or standard dot) sights. I shot a Glock with one of those once. I see their value, just not my preference

Meprolight - these finished 2nd to the Dawson FO sight. My local range has a 686 consignment gun on sale with these on 'em. They look good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts