Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a new TCP mag from taurus but when i put all 6 rounds in it, it doesnt seem to fit in my gun like the other one that came with the gun does when i put 5 rounds in it it goes in fine, it is a B model TCP. Any answers would be appreciated and wondering if this happened to anyone else.

· Registered
6,531 Posts
I am assuming that since the gun is a 'B' model, it has been broken in. Reading your post, I also assume you are comparing the original mag with the new one. If that is all correct, then the new mag spring will be stiff as the old one has broken in due to use/being loaded and unloaded. When you introduce a loaded magazine in a gun, with the slide closed, you will have to compress the spring a little more to get it to lock in place. That is why a lot of people slam it home with the heel of their hand. Nothing out of the ordinary. It is easier to do it with the slide locked back. In that scenario, after magazine is locked in place, pull back slightly on the slide and then let go, or you can depress the slide lock lever down to load the next round. Let me know if that helps.

· Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats weird is that if the slide is closed and I insert the mag with 6 rounds I can barely wrack a round in the chamber but if it has 5 rounds its fine. I no a new mag will have a stiffer spring but this just doesnt seem right thats why I was wondering if any one else had the problem.

· Registered
2 Posts
Whats weird is that if the slide is closed and I insert the mag with 6 rounds I can barely wrack a round in the chamber but if it has 5 rounds its fine. I no a new mag will have a stiffer spring but this just doesnt seem right thats why I was wondering if any one else had the problem.
Having same issue with mine, bought new in dec, fired maybe a hundred rounds through it at range and didn't notice cause the slide must be locked back until ready to fire at range so it wasn't an issue, got home was loading 6 in the mag with slide closed and neither mag would allow the slide to rack, was too hard to pull, so really any info would be great thanks in advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.