Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt find these on Taurus web page. But I saw it in an article in American Handgunner and decided I wanted one. So I found one at the TSRA Annual Meeting trade show and it shoots great.

My only complaint is the sights are set way too low but seems to be plenty accurate and the recoil is very light. At 25 yds it was about a foot low. Two other people shot it so I dont think it is just me.

And the dot over dot does not work too well for me.

I assume that there are better sights for the 24/7 series available. Any suggestions? Adjustable?

·
32,788 Posts
Hotbrass. There are several threads posted here titled about the Henie sights and shooting low. Some are days old,but contain useful info you can use. Others have had the same problem. The cure is in the reading the threads and post on this very subject without trying to explain in painstaking detail again. There might be some info in the Smithing section as well. Anyone can shoot low with these sights. Fixed sighted pistols can shoot to any point of the compass with any load. Since very few pistols have strong have strong dureable adjustable sights one has to pick ammo that shoots close to point of aim as well as get experience using a particular sight type. Researching for older threads on this topic may also disclose more info for you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had to get use to those sights also. I like them now!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, if I can find a holster to fit the Pro LS, I will shoot it in the next club PPC #1 match. But I will still use my 9mm 1911 for the 1500 match.

In the mean time, I will shoot some targets tomorrow with different ammo and see if one shoots any higher than the others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.