Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new years resolution was to get seroins about losing weight. So far I'm sticking to it. The first I noticed I couldn't carry owb/owb anymore, pants are too loose even with suspenders! Time to order some smaller clothes!

·
Super Moderator
26,962 Posts
Thats great!

Reactions: SixFalls

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Good deal!

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Don't get rid of those pants!!:icon_ nono: You may need them come next winter!:r_c: ......I really hope you don't!:icon_ devil:

Reactions: Lmstncwby

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Typo. I meant iwb or owb. But vaskeet's idea sounds like a good one.

ACOM. Ret, nope not going to do it! Made myself a promise!

I am ashamed to say that 1 1/2 years ago I hit 396 pounds. I swore to myself I would not hit 400. In a year I lost down to about 345 and stayed there. Lightweight workouts / water aerobics was all I could do. Started intensive workouts the first of January. If I can keep this up, I will break 300 by March.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Great job! Carry On!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,937 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Here are a few things I learned when I started dieting last year.
Carbohydrates when digested turns into sugar.
Potatoes and rice are mostly carbohydrates.
Wheat products are almost as bad.
Beef and bison is the best meat you can eat because they have no sugar or carbohydrates.
Pork products are very low in carbohydrates and sugar.
Vegetables are supposed to be good for you if you can stand the stench, taste and texture. I can't.
Fruit tend to have sugar in them.

One more thing, punching extra holes in your belt will help hold your pants up. I've tightened my belt by 4 holes so far.

Almost forgot, congratulations on the weight loss.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
In the same boat, had to buy a lot of new clothes, resize all of my watches, new belts, even new underwear.
Good problem to have, though.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Congrats on having willpower..

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
That is sn awesome problem to have!:) Kepp up the good work!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

I am ashamed to say that 1 1/2 years ago I hit 396 pounds. I swore to myself I would not hit 400. In a year I lost down to about 345 and stayed there. Lightweight workouts / water aerobics was all I could do. Started intensive workouts the first of January. If I can keep this up, I will break 300 by March.

Awesome. Keep it up. I need to join you.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am also fighting that battle not quite as fast but notching up on the belt and feeling a lot more slack in the pants, congradulation from one who knows what you are going through.its a tough battle but will be worth it.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Congratulation! It's hard work. After quitting smoking
I put on 40 pounds in about 6 months. Took about a year
but I got it off.

Now I'm at the point I need to lose about 15. I need
to get to it.

All the Best,
D. White

·
10,379 Posts

That's awesome! Keep at it! I started a couple years ago around 330-340 and made it down to 215 before I stalled out on a plateau. I'm back up to 225 and am hating life because my jeans are getting tight so back we go for a final push down to at least 200.

I highly recommend myfitnesspal.com. Log everything that goes in your body, and don't beat yourself up if you have an off day, just climb back on the horse and keep moving forward. If you do make it over to myfitnesspal look me up, I'm OneEyedWolf over there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts