Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wierd.

Went to pick up my 24/7 Pro in .45 and I received a delay on my NICS check.

Very odd, as I have no criminal record and have a security clearance, and have purchased multiple firearms in the last couple weeks.

Thoughts on what would cause this?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Taurus_Jeeper said:
Wierd. Went to pick up my 24/7 Pro in .45 and I received a delay on my NICS check. I have no criminal record and have a security clearance, and have purchased multiple firearms in the last couple weeks.
Thoughts on what would cause this?
I just wonder if the red text could have something to do with it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
actually i thought the records was only "suppose" to be held for 24hours after approval?

iirc they can delay the transaction for up to 3 days for further investigation iirc, did you include you SSN?

SSN is optional on the application however it will eliminate any hold ups due to identity confusion.

they CAN NOT! deny you from buying just because you've bought several other guns recently.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
iirc they can delay the transaction for up to 3 days for further investigation iirc, did you include you SSN?

By George, I think you got it.

:???: Now the catch is will they do 3 business days, tomorrow is holiday, the weekend with holiday, then say Ok Monday or tuesday. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
21,578 Posts
I was refused at a local Pawn shop were I'm well known. He would order guns form me and other than Insta-check he'd charge me $10 bucks over his cost anyway he said Rick you've been turned down I said I just bought a gun from you a couple of weeks ago while we were standing there they called back and said they made an error and I was fine. All it Takes is a mistake, spelling, numbers turned around my friend at the pawn shop said it happened all the time.
I remember the insta-check system went down over a weekend when a gun show was being held not a single gun was sold really upset sellers and buyers.

·
Administrator
39,881 Posts
Hasn't happened to me but I do know others this has happened to. Not uncommon.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
In Arizona if you have a CCW you are exempt from "the phone call". Same goes for active duty police officers.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yeah, KY you get a pass on checks when you have your CCW.
Talked to the boss at the gun shop, he said it is not unusual to get the delay, but not a full three days.

·
32,564 Posts
NIC has had it's faults. Delays of every kind, mislaid info,records improperly kept or written, system crashing for a number of reasons,etc. and so on.

Overhauls and promises that things will be different by officials haven't done much to change things or clear up past and present troubles.

Unless guys in trenchcoats and black helicopters show up, not to worry. Unless there really is something to worry about we don't know about,but I doubt it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
i got a delayed reply too. i went to buy it on the weekend. the gun store guy said sometimes they get backed up or it just takes longer near a weekend or a holiday. he told me if they didnt hear anything within 3 days then i could come get it. they called and ok'ed it two days after my initial visit. just gotta give them time buddy.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I'm not concerned. My absolute worst runin EVER with the law was a check that bounced when I was out of town on a job. Took care of it when I got back home, no problem whatsoever. This was years ago.

I have had and have security clearances, work in a secure area, and have bought multiple firearms in the last month. No problem. I just really wanted to shoot her. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,578 Posts
did ya tell them your name was tater saled :) LOL sorry a southern blue coller joke

·
Super Moderator
21,578 Posts
sorry to be off topic sort of, but Ron White is great I laugh ma a&& off with those guys. :)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I was delayed when I bought an AK. They told me I would have to wait 5-7 days. I went home and the phone rang. It was the gun shop. They said I could pick my gun up. It was the same day and only about 20 minutes after being told it would take 5-7 days. Second AK I had to wait 5 days to get it. No waits since. I don't know if it's because of my ccw or what.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As it happens, while I was sleeping yesterday, I got my Proceed.

Damn lazy sonofagun. sleeping after a 12 hour shift. WTF?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I swear, I have the worst luck.

Went to pick up another handgun, shipped from out of state. Gunbroker deal.

Got to the FFL at 1745 Saturday. Got another damn "Delay".

WTF, over? :)

I wonder if they have some sort of unofficial flag when a person buys several handguns?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Taurus_Jeeper said:
I swear, I have the worst luck. Went to pick up another handgun, shipped from out of state. Gunbroker deal. Got to the FFL at 1745 Saturday. Got another damn "Delay".

I wonder if they have some sort of unofficial flag when a person buys several handguns?
It is only you!! Of course the other guns were a .50 cal, a 20mm, and a mini gun! I think you need to hide before the guys in the Swat truck get to the house. :D :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts