Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Walther PPS M2 today, complete with box and paperwork, and it wasn't even registered with Walther yet. I picked it up at my usual FFL, who had got it from an estate sale. We don't even think it was even fired...sure didn't look like it anyways.

I took it home to give it a "quick" cleaning, before my range trip in the morning. It still had that copper-colored grease in there. I paid 325$ for it. Here it is:

We'll see in the morning.

·
Administrator
19,032 Posts
Smoking Sweet deal!!! :love: Congratulations on your new-to-you Walther PPS M2 and may it serve you well ! :)

Looking forward to your Range Report! :) Have thought about getting one of these, but I've not even seen one for sale.
My favorite LGS can't keep them in stock. They usually sell within minutes of hitting the Display Case.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Congratulations!

The Walther PPS M2 was actually one of the guns I wanted most back when it was announced, but I ended up waiting on a .40cal variation which never materialized, and I ultimately ended up with the M&P40 Shield.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations!

The Walther PPS M2 was actually one of the guns I wanted most back when it was announced, but I ended up waiting on a .40cal variation which never materialized, and I ultimately ended up with the M&P40 Shield.
Nothing wrong with that! Nothing at all wrong with the Smith.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Smoking Sweet deal!!! :love: Congratulations on your new-to-you Walther PPS M2 and may it serve you well ! :)

Looking forward to your Range Report! :) Have thought about getting one of these, but I've not even seen one for sale.
My favorite LGS can't keep them in stock. They usually sell within minutes of hitting the Display Case.
It seems to be a solid build. I looked up the "date codes" that were on the slide, and it was made last year.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
594 Posts
I bought this Walther PPS M2 today, complete with box and paperwork, and it wasn't even registered with Walther yet. I picked it up at my usual FFL, who had got it from an estate sale. We don't even think it was even fired...sure didn't look like it anyways.

I took it home to give it a "quick" cleaning, before my range trip in the morning. It still had that copper-colored grease in there. I paid 325$ for it. Here it is: <pic>

We'll see in the morning.
I wonder if people are dumping the tiny single stack autoloaders that were so hot a decade ago, now that the Sig 365 and others are out. The last couple years I've been watching for deals, and picked up 3 (2 Kahrs and a Mossberg) for cheap.

·
Super Moderator
40,969 Posts
Nice find! Congratulations !

·
Registered
10,887 Posts
Congratulations on your new to you pistol!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Nothing wrong with that! Nothing at all wrong with the Smith.
Especially not when you consider that the M&P Series is partially based on the Walther P99.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took the Walther and my P365XL this morning, to the range. Both guns ran 100%. It was hot and humid, stupid Deer Flies were bouncing off my head, and I had the sun in my face...kinda sucked, but I wanted to try out the PPS M2.

The Tritium XS sights take some getting used to, but I started to get it down. Park that big dot on top of the rear, and the big dot on target. At first I was doing a 6 O'clock hold, and was shooting low. The gun shoots soft, and seems to like the Speer 147 grain Gold Dots.

I have been working on shooting left handed, as much as I do with my right hand. It's slow going, but I have noticed that I am getting better at non-dominant hand shooting. I like this pistol, and am happy I came across it.

Here is my target from this morning:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts