Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Dunhams had an excellent sale going on again. Russian Mosin Nagant M91/30. Production year stamp is 1937. Sure shes a little bit beat up and completely soaked in cosmoline but hey thats A-ok. It will make a nice project rifle. She came with the strap, oil tin, tool kit that includes the all in one screw driver / firing pin depth tool so you don't blow the primer when firing. Also she has some belt or rifle mount ammo pouches, cleaning rod and a bayonet.

046.JPG 047.JPG 048.JPG

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I can't wait to dig in to it. It apparently has either never been fired or had a new action put into it as it has the notorious "sticky bolt." A little polish around the lobes, slide, and polishing a bit off the pin as well as a snip of one rung off the spring will help though. Some of the springs from rebuilds are too hard and when you go to lift the bolt you have to palm slap it to cock the pin. I've used one that a friend of mine had gotten and made these modifications to. Basically "sporterized" it. It's got one heck of a kick with the 7.62x54R surplus ammo and punches through everything we threw at it. Except the hardened steel plate challenge. Made it half an inch through a 1 inch plate. There's a video on YouTube about it so we decided to try it out.

·
Registered
591 Posts
NIce, that should last, Happy shooting

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I love it when someone brings one of those bad boys to the rifle range. Tons of smoke and fire and noise - those things are a spectacle when they go off. :D

Congrats!

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
congrats

1 - 10 of 10 Posts