Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)After a lot of research and searching, I am now the proud owner of a new Taurus PT 809. I found this website during my research and knew that I had to be a member. After much kidding by my Glock buddies, I found a gentleman that had just purchased a new PT 809 but was in a pinch for cash. I bought the gun for $400. I hope to get to the range next weekend and can hardly wait.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
congrats on your new 809, have fun with it. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new 809. I have one and it's a great platform, plus my wife loves it.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Congrats! The 800s are awesome weapons. Just make sure you give it a real good cleaning before you hit the range. All that packing grease they use can cause some serious problems if it gets powder mixed in with it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Congrats from Texas! I've only had my 809 SS to the range once so far, and so good. Going to shoot again next weekend. I'm sure you're gonna like it!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina!

I too joined after reading great information about the PT809 on this site. I ended up buying one a few months ago. As stated previously, make sure all the grease is cleaned out well and lightly oil it. The only issues I have had with mine were originally limp wristing it (first pistol, low experience) and Blazer Brass.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Congrats on your PT809, you will really enjoy it! We will forgive you this time for not posting pics of it! I paid 407 for mine back before all the insanity hit. It is a sweet shooter! I have a few pics on here as do others...this is a great site and lots of good people with good info! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congratulations on they new firearm and welcome from South Africa....am I allowed to say that? Still waiting for the arrival of my wifes 809c with much decreasing patience. Estimated 6 month wait meaning another 4 to go

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
OP: Until we see pictures of the firearm, your post is classified as "RUMINT" and flagged as hearsay until further notice. Lately we've had problems with HK fanboys pretending to own Taurus', so you understand. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
You are going to love the way the 809 handles and how it shoots .... one of my very favorite to take to the range ... (even over a couple of my Glocks ...which I love ) ...

But ... there are NO magazines in the entire world .. and nothing else fits ... that's my only grip..

cheers,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts