Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It wasn't typed or neatly written as it was from LonestarJake!

Jake....sorry I don't use the salutation of "Dear" when writing to males, as you know, I'm very homophobic,

In between my times guarding the southern border, I had some R & R in Weslaco at a Day's Inn, and tried to catch up on my email.

Thanks for that Thanksgiving Turkey Jerky you sent, and the Danish Canned ham would have made my Christmas if I hadn't managed to hook up with that little filly we met in Christoval. She really knows how to cook Cabrito and makes the best Menudo.

On one of my better R & R trips, I went over to South Padre Island and did a little fishing. Walking along the beach, I heard a female voice yelling my name. Doggone if it wasn't Chris from Christoval. Her husband had fallen into a well and drowned and she was at South Padre to mourn. I must say she looked pretty good in that black Bikini.

We had a couple of pitchers of those tidy bowl margariters at one of those on the beach bars they have down there while she related how much she missed her late Jeffery and how lonely she was. As you know, I'm not one to let a woman suffer from loneliness and did what I could to console her.

Long story short, I wound up moving to her farm on the outskirts of Christoval and really enjoy the new life I have.

She really does need a lot of consoling as it turns out she has had 7 husbands die some really odd ways in the last few years. I mean one slipped on some goat cheese and took a fatal blow to the back of the head, another got bit by a black widow when he stuck his hand into a feed sack, another was bit by three rattlesnakes when Chris was sick and he got into the bed in the guest house. Another lost his balance and fell off the Royal Gorge bridge while on their Honeymoon, and another when his parachute didn't open on his first skydiving experience...also on a honeymoon. One died when shooting skeet on a Honeymoon when the shotgun blew up. Little old gal sure has had some tough luck with husbands.

I think I will be okay since I'm not the marrying kind, and no Life insurance company will issue a policy on me because of that quadruple bypass.

I really enjoy swimming in the Concho river when it is warm enough, and she has plenty of good garden plots I can grow a lot of Zucchini, tomatoes, onions and what not in. She is really frugal and has her own cemetery on her land.

I really like her little 80 acre farm, but don't care too much for milking all those goats, I think I may open a roadside cabrito stand where the goat cheese and milk stand is.

I haven't heard Chris mention any ailments, so I might take her up on that marriage proposal. Do you know any good life insurance agents, I sure like this little farm and there's some pretty fat white tails that move through the place.

I kind of like the business she has established and might just take it over.

Anywho, Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad from Christoval, and plan on coming down soon, I got a feeling I may be lonely in another month or two.

LonestarJake

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Um, what?

Reactions: Paul81

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
So he will be mourning at the beach in a few months too? :cool:

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
Um, what?
Don't overthink it too much, Waltherfan01, just...kinda...go with the flow, where LonestarJake is concerned. Jake3501 kind of keeps us up on what his clone/twin/doppelganger (pick one) is up to.

Does anyone else have a better way to explain this Jake anomaly?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
"Lonestar" He's from Texas. It's obvious that he ain't right in the head! Beanless chili ? Phffft! How anybody is surprised is beyond me!

:icon_ poke:

·
Administrator
35,272 Posts
Don't worry about insurance, we'll all be under Obamacare in a few years anyway. What a coincidence, to run into Christoval like that.....wish I knew she was such a tart, I'd have tried harder to meet up with her ;D South Padre is for lovers though, and I'm sure the two of you will be very happy at the farm. :D

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Don't overthink it too much, Waltherfan01, just...kinda...go with the flow, where LonestarJake is concerned. Jake3501 kind of keeps us up on what his clone/twin/doppelganger (pick one) is up to.

Did you and 91Whiskey put the transporter back together exactly correct? If not, I think that could have some bearing on the Jake situation.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
"Lonestar" He's from Texas. It's obvious that he ain't right in the head! Beanless chili ? Phffft! How anybody is surprised is beyond me!

:icon_ poke:
How anyone could call meat and bean soup "chili" is the real question? :D:D:D :p :icon_ poke::icon_ poke:

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
Did you and 91Whiskey put the transporter back together exactly correct? If not, I think that could have some bearing on the Jake situation.
No, to the first question. I was assigned to track down and confiscate the Bender's Time Machine after it was requisitioned by a party or parties unknown; reassembly of the transporter was given to someone else. That he is once more 91Whiskey, and not 19Whiskey (you won't remember that timeline, since I was able to reverse/correct it) is a positive sign.

Your hypothesis is correct. Since we can connect phenomena and models across spatial and temporal scales, misuse of either a time machine or a transporter, or both, may enable us to empower multidimensional processes in our endeavors. In the meantime, he seems to be happy with her, and is planning for their future, or lack thereof, together. I say, let it go for now.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
How anyone could call meat and bean soup "chili" is the real question? :D:D:D :p :icon_ poke::icon_ poke:

It's like calling "Coor's Light" " Beer".

It's like calling "Rosie O'Donnell a "Swimsuit model".

It's like calling Shejack a great representative.

It's like calling Rap, "Music"

It's like calling Obama, "the President of the United States'.

I don't care what it says on any of the cans that any of them came in

It just ain't right.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
No, to the first question. I was assigned to track down and confiscate the Bender's Time Machine after it was requisitioned by a party or parties unknown; reassembly of the transporter was given to someone else. That he is once more 91Whiskey, and not 19Whiskey (you won't remember that timeline, since I was able to reverse/correct it) is a positive sign.

Your hypothesis is correct. Since we can connect phenomena and models across spatial and temporal scales, misuse of either a time machine or a transporter, or both, may enable us to empower multidimensional processes in our endeavors. In the meantime, he seems to be happy with her, and is planning for their future, or lack thereof, together. I say, let it go for now.
I'm trying not to over think this, but this last post has my head spinning. And I LOVE sci-fi!!!

·
Super Moderator
17,695 Posts

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
The misuse of temporal capable equipment may cause local ripples in the space/time continuum due to concentrations of Black Matter formed by the temporal anomaly. It's all fun until you rip a hole in that continuum, and your planet is stripped of atmosphere, and biosphere.

In reality, I knew a young, and very pretty, lady. She was a Flight Nurse for a transportation company. Her first husband was a pilot for them. They had set up a home exercise center in their garage, and both used it when they were home. She left him exercising, went to the store, and returned to find him dead of a heart attack. They had been married less than six months. About two years later, she married an MD, and they went on their honeymoon to the Caribbean. While there, they decided to SCUBA. He went down, and never came up, dying of "unspecified causes" in 45 feet of water. Marriage number 2 lasted three days.

About a year after that, and after a long, and rough transfer from the Middle East with a Saudi Prince to America for Cancer treatment, she showed up at my station, and was just venting. When my shift ended, she suggested that we go for a drink. I was tired, and maybe a little loopy, when I told her that we could go, but only if she didn't think I was marriage material. THAT went poorly. :eek:;)

She married into the Saudi family, and I haven't heard from, or about, her in 15 years.

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What I love about this forum the most, is the fact that all the moderators have to watch for is foul language or content, overly heated discussions and otherwise, very little else!:)

If we were to invade "The High Road," those mods would have a melt down!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I'm schizophrenic,
and so am I.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I think TA.Net just got merged with The Twilight Zone. :icon_ poke: :p :D

·
Registered
27,315 Posts
If he put it together at all, that would explain the situation. TNC was kicke…transferred from engineering to maintenance and issued a broom after his last shore leave.

·
Registered
27,315 Posts
...alter ego?...
I'll leave that diagnosis to persons more qualified than I. MadKaw comes to mind, but I'm not sure where he is at the moment.
His ego was altered non-professionally. Whoever did it used pinking shears and the edges are a tad uneven. And then the seams were glued and not sewn, so they tend to come apart whenever either Jake gets wet.
Which explains the problems at the beach.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts