Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am giving my PT111-G2 in 9mm to my brother for home defense, and I've only got the two original mags that came with the gun.

I know G2C mags are compatible, but it seems they are sold out everywhere and the ones that are available are around $40 shipped each.

I haven't bought magazines in a while, so is this a Taurus issue, or a coronavirus issue, or a combo of both?

If you've got a good source for mags, do let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even though one magazine is probably enough for home defense, I like to have four magazines for any gun I own and shoot regularly.

·
Registered
537 Posts
4 is a sweet number.

Reactions: pradeep1

·
Registered
468 Posts
$30-40 is pretty standard I'd say. Taurus themselves just ran a weekend offer that if you bought a crimson trace laser they'd send you two mags free. They've run that promo twice now and I've been thinking about it just to get those mags.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Availability was an issue before the virus. G2C is just popular. A nice magazine is the Taurus G3 17 round. Lakelinellc now has a +2 base which would have you at 19 rounds from a factory magazine. Gunbroker.com has several listings on them. It does seem that around $40 is the going price at the moment.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Availability was an issue before the virus. G2C is just popular. A nice magazine is the Taurus G3 17 round. Lakelinellc now has a +2 base which would have you at 19 rounds from a factory magazine. Gunbroker.com has several listings on them. It does seem that around $40 is the going price at the moment.
You think the G3 17-round is reliable in a circa 2016 make PT111-G2?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$30-40 is pretty standard I'd say. Taurus themselves just ran a weekend offer that if you bought a crimson trace laser they'd send you two mags free. They've run that promo twice now and I've been thinking about it just to get those mags.
I faintly recall getting an email about that...something like $95 + shipping for the Viridian trigger guard laser and two mags right? That might be a good deal and my brother would get a laser sight out of it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have no doubt that the G3 17 round magazine will be just as reliable as the 12. As long as you use a magazine sleeve (like from Lakelinellc) you should have no issues. This is my G3C which basically uses the same 12 round magazines as my G2C. All these magazines function without question.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no doubt that the G3 17 round magazine will be just as reliable as the 12. As long as you use a magazine sleeve (like from Lakelinellc) you should have no issues. This is my G3C which basically uses the same 12 round magazines as my G2C. All these magazines function without question.

Thanks for sharing the picture!

Let me caption that for you - "You, and the guy she tells you not to worry about". :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts