1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Hmm . . . blaming Waffle House because a thug killed someone there.

Next thing you know, it'll be the gun's fault?

Now, if you don't want to go to Waffle House because you don't like the waffles, that's one thing.

But there's a new Waffle House right down the street (finally), and I appreciate the convenience.

·
Registered
17,412 Posts
Hmm . . . blaming Waffle House because a thug killed someone there.

Next thing you know, it'll be the gun's fault?

Now, if you don't want to go to Waffle House because you don't like the waffles, that's one thing.

But there's a new Waffle House right down the street (finally), and I appreciate the convenience.
Just make sure you have a waffle permit.

·
Registered
37,070 Posts
waffle houses in these parts have really been making the news lately, either robberies, shootings or car jackings.
Heck I remember the good old days of Waffle Houses when you never went looking for trouble cause virtually every red neck in there was armed.
I guess now that I am the only armed red neck there?
and I sit in the back booth with the bathroom hall way wall to my back tooo!
got a good view of whats coming in and close to the fire exit in the kitchen if needed.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Doesn't make sense at all.......................

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

·
23,210 Posts
Dang. People amaze me. This is why I carry. You just never know where the next crazy will pop out.
This is also part of why I like low population density area. Which do you think has more lunatics per square mile, NYC or the Rocky Mountains?

Reactions: 230JHP

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
waffle houses in these parts have really been making the news lately, either robberies, shootings or car jackings.
Heck I remember the good old days of Waffle Houses when you never went looking for trouble cause virtually every red neck in there was armed.
I guess now that I am the only armed red neck there?
and I sit in the back booth with the bathroom hall way wall to my back tooo!
got a good view of whats coming in and close to the fire exit in the kitchen if needed.
Used to be the "fire exit" was for exiting in a fire. Now it is for exiting when someone fires.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I remember when not only the food was good at WH or McDs but the people were good as well. The crud they serve goes to show you , you are what you eat. It's just about green cracks.

·
Registered
37,070 Posts
Used to be the "fire exit" was for exiting in a fire. Now it is for exiting when someone fires.
Kind of interesting the way the human mind works!
you would be surprised the number of times that no one thinks of the fire exit (really an emergency exit) when they need to get out of harms way.
they will run toward the front door or a marked EXIT sign but not though the kitchen to the exit.
that's why it is so important to think/plan ahead, I still when staying at a hotel go and check out the exit and make sure its open and where it is--old habits!

Reactions: GreenWolf70

·
Registered
37,070 Posts
This is also part of why I like low population density area. Which do you think has more lunatics per square mile, NYC or the Rocky Mountains?
HMMM? ----trying to remember where the Unabomber was at when they caught up to him????
course IF you live in a low population area then you can carry one of them old revolver thangs with more assurance that you can handle the emergency----

·
Registered
14,922 Posts
I think Waffle House's disproportionately make the news because many times they are the only place open for food after midnight if you cannot stomach roller grill at the local gas stations.

And, as my daddy used to say, "Nothing good happens after midnight."

·
Registered
37,070 Posts
Some people are just not worth helping!. Sounds like some Waffle Houses attract a very bad element. Not the first time Waffle House has been on the news won't be the last.https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee-woman-with-murder-warrant-arrested-at-waffle-house-naked-and-armed-police-say. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6372641/Florida-jury-sends-convicted-killer-Waffle-House-murders-death-row.html.
well the shooting and hard crimes are fairly new, but Waffle houses have always been an interesting place to people watch-- Walmart of course has replaced them for that.
but as they were one of only a few resturants that's stayed open 24 /7 they always attracted a late night crowd usually drinkers that were not ready to go home at 2 in the morning.

·
Registered
37,070 Posts
I think Waffle House's disproportionately make the news because many times they are the only place open for food after midnight if you cannot stomach roller grill at the local gas stations.

And, as my daddy used to say, "Nothing good happens after midnight."
OPPS!
great minds think alike!

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Don't know if Florida has the death penalty, or not, but leaving the scene to retrieve a handgun, then as you try to return another patron argues for you not to go back in, but you go back in anyway, get into a physical altercation and fatally shoot your victim.....Hmmm, I am pretty sure that meets the legal definition of premeditated murder.....and it is all captured on the surveillance video, too. Stick a toothpick in Home Boy because he is done.

On the other hand, I would never flash cash in a place like a Waffle House, especially after midnight, because someone just may decide to take it away from you.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
People find reasons to be offended by anything, even good deeds. And people see themselves as victims even when receiving good will.

Sorry to say this, but it's the leftist mindset that promotes that ideal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts