Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month or2 ago i bought an assortment of cheap .308 ammo from SGAmmo.com to try out in the PSA PA10 i had assembled. at the time i just ran it at 50yards and the Malaysian surplus was by far the best group, with the german stuff kind of mediocre. went out again yesterday and re-shot them at 100 yards(plus some easy200 yd gong banging) and darn if the german surplus didn't do an exceptional 8 shot group. The Malaysian was again pretty good, some vertical stringing that opened up the group a bit, as did some of my all time favorite CAVIM that i have stashed. But the German stuff really impressed me this time.
The PSA is 18" melonite barrel and after shooting 50-60 rounds of assorted ammo i can report that while i got lots of black out of the barrel, there was NO blue on the patches. this my 3rd melonite barrel from PSA and i find minimal copper fouling to be the case on all. I am sold on melonite/nitriding, what-ever. Text Ammunition Pen Fountain pen Gun accessory Text Ammunition Pen Fountain pen Gun accessory

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it is berdan, and the german is too. don't save much brass any more, just .300blackout because i have so much already and just don't reload any more. combination of less shooting and more free $ i guess
The Malaysian is most likely Berdan primed. I found out the hard way breaking my decaping pin on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts