Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Interesting article. I especially like this paragraph: When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force....

·
Super Moderator
40,552 Posts
Nice, thanks.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
So so true that's why our government wants to disarm us so force can't be met with force.

Reactions: Freedom First

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Thats a great article.....thanks for the post!!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Good Read, thanks

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I remember reading that years ago.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
One of the drawbacks to living in a society with a high standard of living such as our own is that we have lost touch with many fundamental principles of human behavior. Because millions of people live in a modern society who have never been the victims of crime or witness to the same, they assume all the beautiful advances of civilized behavior should be traced to the source of law and order.Hence the hot air regarding firearms being an 'uncivilized' possession, when in fact guns are all that maintain the same.

Why do criminals comply with the police? Indeed, why do 6'9 violent offenders with prison muscles comply with 5'4" female officers? A reasonable assumption is that compliance has little to do with her demeanor. Thus as this article stated, guns are synonymous with civilization itself. All firearm laws do is paradoxically return life to the ancient status quo of "survival of the fittest", with the fittest carrying guns and the masses summarily disarmed. One need only watch the news in a state like Illinois to see this effect in living color. For more examples of this look at foreign countries.

A friend of mine in University is from India through Africa. He lived in nations on the storied Dark Continent where civilian gun ownership is illegal,period.Coincidentally such nations suffer from frequent one sided shootings where 5 guys all armed with full auto Ak47 rifles drive around looking for people to rip off.

Once on a road trip in South Dakota I asked him to put on his seatbelt, and the man argued with me for 15 minutes about the merits of wearing one. At some length he meekly confessed that in Africa he grew up being taught to NEVER wear a seat belt, because when-not if- a gang of Kalashnikov packing punks blocked your car you needed to Hotel Alpha from the vehicle like a Space Shuttle on launch phase.In that and most parts of the world, dying from a car crash takes a distant second in potential to being riddled full of holes in a ditch.There is no such thing as feminism, because women who annoy their male companions are physically slapped or punched on the spot.Asking the man about government intervention brought on a hearty laugh, as his response is that some of the people doing the raiding and beating of people WERE the cops. It wasn't uncommon in his old neighborhood in Africa for a burglarized victim to call the authorities only to turn up 'missing' not long after the police arrived.

I was not exactly cavalier about the 2nd Amendment before, but after hearing this man's stories of life 'outside the wire' so to say I pray vitally that we never loose it. So many people in this nation take for granted the idea that one can freely say what is on one's mind, date whomever one wishes, and work as one pleases without understanding that were it not for the "old white men " 200 years and change ago with the foresight to include the Bill of Rights, we would be living in stone huts dodging gangs and praying our wives, daughters, and mothers weren't brutually assaulted and shot dead just for being women.

Reactions: Armedpatriot

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I've seen this before and it's a better read than the first time. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
One of the drawbacks to living in a society with a high standard of living such as our own is that we have lost touch with many fundamental principles of human behavior. Because millions of people live in a modern society who have never been the victims of crime or witness to the same, they assume all the beautiful advances of civilized behavior should be traced to the source of law and order.Hence the hot air regarding firearms being an 'uncivilized' possession, when in fact guns are all that maintain the same.

Why do criminals comply with the police? Indeed, why do 6'9 violent offenders with prison muscles comply with 5'4" female officers? A reasonable assumption is that compliance has little to do with her demeanor. Thus as this article stated, guns are synonymous with civilization itself. All firearm laws do is paradoxically return life to the ancient status quo of "survival of the fittest", with the fittest carrying guns and the masses summarily disarmed. One need only watch the news in a state like Illinois to see this effect in living color. For more examples of this look at foreign countries.

A friend of mine in University is from India through Africa. He lived in nations on the storied Dark Continent where civilian gun ownership is illegal,period.Coincidentally such nations suffer from frequent one sided shootings where 5 guys all armed with full auto Ak47 rifles drive around looking for people to rip off.

Once on a road trip in South Dakota I asked him to put on his seatbelt, and the man argued with me for 15 minutes about the merits of wearing one. At some length he meekly confessed that in Africa he grew up being taught to NEVER wear a seat belt, because when-not if- a gang of Kalashnikov packing punks blocked your car you needed to Hotel Alpha from the vehicle like a Space Shuttle on launch phase.In that and most parts of the world, dying from a car crash takes a distant second in potential to being riddled full of holes in a ditch.There is no such thing as feminism, because women who annoy their male companions are physically slapped or punched on the spot.Asking the man about government intervention brought on a hearty laugh, as his response is that some of the people doing the raiding and beating of people WERE the cops. It wasn't uncommon in his old neighborhood in Africa for a burglarized victim to call the authorities only to turn up 'missing' not long after the police arrived.

I was not exactly cavalier about the 2nd Amendment before, but after hearing this man's stories of life 'outside the wire' so to say I pray vitally that we never loose it. So many people in this nation take for granted the idea that one can freely say what is on one's mind, date whomever one wishes, and work as one pleases without understanding that were it not for the "old white men " 200 years and change ago with the foresight to include the Bill of Rights, we would be living in stone huts dodging gangs and praying our wives, daughters, and mothers weren't brutually assaulted and shot dead just for being women.
Thank you for sharing and shedding more light on why we need to continue to fight for 2A and practice it on a daily basis.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great article and read.

·
Registered
21 Posts
One of those reads that should be read by everyone.

·
Registered
597 Posts
This is exactly the kind of education I was referring to in the thread in this section(OC & CC) about how we feel about "military members being able to CC under 21." This was basically backing up my reasoning of a lack of knowledge.
Great read. Thanks for posting this, I took a few things from the main article, however the links and advice and information available after that is incredible. I just spent an hour reading and bookmarking other sites and literature. Thanks again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for posting nice read!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts