Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
36,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, daughter, and son-in-law went to the range. Daughter is gettin' pretty good with my 10/22 Ruger. She also took a bit of a liking to my Ruger Mk II and my Rossi .22 revolver. I think my son-in-law likes my 4" M66. Its accuracy impressed him. He has a Ruger Redhawk with 7.5" barrel in .44 mag, couldn't hit paper with it off hand at 25 yards. So, I says, "gimme the gun and 3 rounds". I staggered 3 rounds in the gun and told him to shoot. When it didn't fire, he was flinching so bad I though he was going to yank the barrel off it. ROFL! I explained to concentrate on the front sight and slowly load the trigger and not anticipate the shot. He's still not quite recoil proof, but showed some improvement. When he took my Ruger Mk II for a spin, he couldn't miss. ;D I think he likes that gun, too. He has the same flnch with an SP101. The boy needs some coaching, guess I'll take on that project. He shot a little better with the M66 Taurus and hot loads, though. That gun is soft on the hand, a real sweetheart. And, MAN is it ever accurate!

Bought a box of CCI mini mag on the way out there, though, over 6 dollars a box of 100! JESUS! I haven't bought a box in a while. It's almost double the 3.25 or so it used to cost. Needless to say, my .22 shooting was done with Federal bulk pack today. :D LOL We shot up a 550 round box and a half between us.

· Super Moderator
36,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the .22 and fundamentals always helps. However, at some point, he's going to have to tackle the magnum loads. Flinch is something, I'm convinced, that is removed from just the fundamentals. It's a mental thing you just have to get over. In that concentration on fundamentals is the key, I guess it's related, though. If you concentrate on the front sight and just let the gun do its thing, well, that's how I did it. I had the flinch at one point, myself. LOL I showed him the dime on the barrel dry fire practice thing, too, give him something to do at home that might help him. He needs to get a .22 pistol, typical young guy with the macho guns, not a .22 in the mess. :rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.