Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found what I thought might be a good deal on 250-Remington 115 gr. 9mm FMJ for $63.99 at a local Walmart. That seems like a good deal to me, but I thought I'd run it by you guys first. What say you?

·
Registered
36,676 Posts
that's what about 12.80 per box of 50?
I can't tell ya actually as haven't bought a box 9 MM in years.
I think my local range charges 11.99 for reloaded rang ammo in 9 MM.
compared to my 6.25 per box for my reloads its a tad high to me.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
I figure anything under $20 per box of 50 is ok. I see them at most retailers for about $17. Higher priced ammo better be SD or HD loads, or some special purpose stuff. Just my extremely uneducated but humble ramble. I reload so I don't buy much ammo anymore.

·
Registered
32,150 Posts
That is about a buck a box less than what I normally pay for a box of 50 9mm. Academy had blazer brass 9mm on for $11.99 a box.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
I figure anything under $20 per box of 50 is ok.
Boy, are you off the mark! $20 per box equals $400 a thousand! You can buy 9mm lots of places for under $250 a thousand if your patient and search the net. I think somebody I saw here in this forum just recently posted about a company (maybe Freedom ammunition?) that had 9mm for about $200 a thousand with free shipping.

The ammo the OP is asking about is about $256 a thousand... not bad but not special either.

Don

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
I'd say that price is pretty reasonable! It all has to do with your comfort level! Having a few boxes saved makes me feel better - like I can go to the range and practice without a concern for shooting all the ammo we have stashed!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Price is somewhat relative. Prices in my local area may be $5 a box higher or lower than the next town over. It could fluctuate from state to state and vary greatly from one region of the country to another. Kinda like gasoline.

I can buy fmj reloads for around $12 -$14 a box of 50 here. But sometimes I catch a box of 100 for $15. HD is higher and starts around $19 a box of 50. I have seen it run $30 for a box of 20 of Hornady critical defense.

I'll say this: compared to what it sells for in your area on a regular basis: if the price is lower, then yes it's a god price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts