Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to buy a 24/7 pro .45 and saw one at Buds Gun Shop for $330 delivered Add another $40 for transfer fees. It is the stainless model. Do you think this is a good price.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
That's a good price. In AZ they're going for around $370+tax.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine was 344+85=429 OTD not adding the $25 to get my permit....

Thats in california, bought it at buds, and had it transferred here...

24/7 Pro .40

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Yes that's a fair price. They go around $400 NIB in my area as well, though at some places a little under that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought mine a week and a half ago at the local (Tampa, FL) gun store/range for $339 + tax and $5 background check.

·
Registered
539 Posts
That seems right; here are some prices listed on my dealer's website www.sportingarms.com:

TI247451P-10: TAURUS PT247P BL POLY FS 10RD 45ACP: $322.00

TI247459P-10: TAURUS PT247P STS POLY FS 10RD 45ACP:$332.00

TI247451P-12: TAURUS PT247P BL POLY FS 12RD 45ACP: $322.00

TI247459P-12: TAURUS PT247P STS POLY FS 12RD 45ACP: $332.00

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
RunninONempty said:
I got mine for $330 shipped, and $10 transfer. But it's broke right out of the Box! :mad:
Please explain what you mean by "broke right out of the box".

·
Registered
846 Posts
Here in my area of Texas the cheapist is Acadamey and I paid $388.00 + tax for my 24/7 pro ss.40. I got a better deal on my PT140 at a gun show though.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Also I hear so many people saying Taurus guns are damaged when they open them. No gun should be paid for or taken out of the store without complete exam, even take a bore lite with you. If you buy by mail I guess that's what you take a chance on. Consider what your time and postage is worth, do you save that much?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's not my only pistol, and my FFL is sending for $11 so I'm not out much. Even paying the $11 I saved $70 over a local purchase.

texas shooter said:
Also I hear so many people saying Taurus guns are damaged when they open them. No gun should be paid for or taken out of the store without complete exam, even take a bore lite with you. If you buy by mail I guess that's what you take a chance on. Consider what your time and postage is worth, do you save that much?

·
Registered
17 Posts
RunninONempty said:
I got mine for $330 shipped, and $10 transfer. But it's broke right out of the Box! :mad:
I've updated my post in the "Smithing" area, but it was pretty much summed up like this :

Yes, the mag is damaged however it functions flawlessly, it just doesn't drop free. So I'm sending it back anyway.

The trigger issue was operator error. I've never owned a Taurus and have never used one of their polymer framed pistols. I didn't realize that the trigger just had a lot of travel before "breaking". It's got a nice fairly crisp SA pull, a lot like the Glock. Even the DA (second strike) pull isn't overbearing. Reset is decent also. The gun shoots accurate and is quite pleasent in .45. I really enjoyed it. So, with me experience so far in the flawless operation of my PT 24/7 Pro .45, I would recommend it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Gent's I guess I am old fashioned, I wanta at least dance with the lady before I take her home.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts