Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;D First, the good news. I just got a really great deal on a slightly used XD .45 Compact with 3 extra Hi-Cap mags, including 2 extra sleeves, and all the XD goodies. Got it for a very good price.

My intent was to use it in rotation for CC. I have an SA Micro-Compact .45 that was to be its pardner.

:'( Now, for the bad news. The width of the grip is really just slightly beyond the comfort level of my small hands. And yes, this banana brain held the weapon, played with it, field stripped it, went ga-ga over it and bought it.

I doubt I'll even fire it because I'm so angry with myself and what would be the point? I know I'll never CC it. This was a private sale from a buddy so I can't ask him to take it back.

Well, I guess we all do some stupid things, but this tops my list!

Anyway, I really like the looks of this weapon and I might go hold an XD Sub -Compact or Service in 9mm and see if the grip is comfortable for me. If so, then maybe a trade will be in the works. ;D

If anyone wants to share something stupidly similar that they've done....... well,........I'm here. :loco:

g19erusa

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The grip frame on the XD-45 is not tremendously wider than the XD-9. It's actually closer in size than you would think. I have both an XD-45 compact and an XD-9 service model.

Now if you want to see a real difference compare a Glock 17 to a Glock 21. (Not the G21 SF---that's a little slimmer than the original 21) I have all 4 of the firearms listed above and the Glock 21 is the only one my wife cannot get her hands around. So, in comparison Springfield actually did a decent job in keeping the dimensions of the grip frame to an acceptable level. I'm not saying it's gonna fit everyone's hand but it's gonna work better than the G21.

If you really want a comfortable grip on a double stack .45, then the 24/7 is the slimmest of the three. Actually feels closer to a 9mm than a .45---Don't know how they did it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well, glock19erusa,

I had this Colt Detective Special with a 3" barrel. Then I just haddahava Glock 23 .40 S&W! A multi-person swap was arranged, and I got the Glock. The Dick Special thought it was a target pistol; the Glock provided dinner plate "groups" with 180 grain ammo. I finally got the Glock to shoot well (not as good as the Colt) by going to 155 grain ammo and finally HOT 135 grain loads, but the dew was off the punkin by then.

I miss that old Colt.

ECS

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
That's always an option g19erusa. You may also want to consider testing the waters with it on the board's classified section and see if anyone is willing to buy it from you or trade for something you may be interested in.

Best Wishes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.