Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 617 .357 went on vacation approximately 3 weeks ago. I sent it in due to excessive endshake, cylinder play and shaving LOTS of lead. Missing my fine revolver I check the status on the taurus websigt daily. Well, this AM I see the status has been changed to repair completed. I was glad to see that turnaround was pretty quck. I called customer service to see what they found with the it and I was very concerned to hear the answer. They said the forcing cone was too small and that they adjusted it??? Now I have a 1500+or- rounds of .38 through it. But only a handfull of .357. The revolver was pretty tight when I got it and it never shaved any lead. The lead shaving seemed to start pretty suddenly. What concerns me is I'm pretty sure my forcing cone did not shrink. Any input here would be welcome. I'm not sure I'm going to be happy with this repair when I get it back.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Best I can say is wait for it to get home and see if you like it before making any evaluations on the repair of your 617.

I hope it exceeds your expectations.

Reactions: Raptorboy69

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
My 617 would lock up periodically when I first got it so it also went to Miami. I was told the forcing cone was undersized and they adjusted it and a few other things. I now have over 800 rounds of 38 special and 500 rounds of 357s through it without any issues. Hopefully yours will return this nice as well.

Reactions: Raptorboy69

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 617 would lock up periodically when I first got it so it also went to Miami. I was told the forcing cone was undersized and they adjusted it and a few other things. I now have over 800 rounds of 38 special and 500 rounds of 357s through it without any issues. Hopefully yours will return this nice as well.
What else did they do to yours?? What concerns me most is the facet that they said they only worked on the forcing cone. The gun us less than a year old. It went to Taurus two days after I purchased it for an accuracy issue. They fixed it the first time. It had a barrel issue, why did they not see the forcing cone issue last time? And how does an undersized forcing cone devolop over time??? I am not bashing Taurus. I love my 617 and my TCP. I just want it fixed right.

·
Registered
24,848 Posts
Forcing cones seem to be a common issue with Taurus wheel guns. Maybe they should take a little harder look at the manufacturing process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts