Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Good work Dad! Just crazy stuff going on these days. Probably not a robbery if he opened up upon immediately walking in.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
23,101 Posts
I wish society would pay more attention to that father than they do the butchers who kill people out of hate.

·
Registered
15,245 Posts
The best comment I've ever read was posted in the comments section of the story at the link. "Hunters capable of stopping a charging pig in the woods, can calmly shoot crazies between the eyes. 'Nough said."

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
I'd like to know more about dad's gun. What was the make, the caliber? How many rounds did it hold?

I don't know if I'd want to get in a shootout/firefight with 7 rounds.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
This is a statement every anti gunner or anti concealed carry person should read and digest.

A McDonald's employee who hid in a backroom freezer during the gunfire calls the father a "hero," according to WBRC.

“Because I can only imagine how it would’ve went if he wasn’t armed,” the employee said. “We might not be here having this interview.”
Very frequent news coverage of the mass shooting in Pittsburgh from both my local TV station and also the affiliates national news show, but absolutely no coverage of this story. :confused:

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Forums like this are the most likely place to read about things like this. The story doesn't fit the narrative so gets no ink.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Glad the dad had the fortitude to do what needed to be done.Sad the kids had to see it tho.What have we become as a society that churches and public places have become shooting galleries.Personally I believe that shorter trials and swift punishment,not the death penalty after 20 or so years.Have one appeal if need be then off to meet your maker,all done within 6 months.I believe that would stop most of it as they are cowards to begin with.Just my .02 for what it's worth.

·
Registered
24,902 Posts
Good guys 1 bad guys 0. Just sayin.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Glad the dad had the fortitude to do what needed to be done.Sad the kids had to see it tho.What have we become as a society that churches and public places have become shooting galleries.Personally I believe that shorter trials and swift punishment,not the death penalty after 20 or so years.Have one appeal if need be then off to meet your maker,all done within 6 months.I believe that would stop most of it as they are cowards to begin with.Just my .02 for what it's worth.
Set aside part of every appeals court's docket to hear capital offenses cases every year. If they need more time, then extend it. If they don't, then shorten it. But once a year, they focus on appeals of capital offenses in their jurisdiction and only on capital offenses.

The appeals process is the court of appeals at the state level, the state supreme court, the Federal court of appeals and the US Supreme Court, right? That's 4 years to work through the system.

On 4 years and one day after the conviction, carry out the sentence- unless there has been a continuance for a specific issue passed by the courts or it has been sent back down to a lower level by a higher court. Justice gets served swiftly AND the appeals process isn't changed so that it is unnecessarily rushed.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
And predictably some in the press are now doing stories about how the suspect was just starting to turn his life around.

Court records show Sanders pleaded guilty in July to possession of marijuana and carrying a pistol without a license. He entered the plea after taking part in The Dannon Project program. During his time in the program, according to a letter on file from a court advocate, Sanders completed a mental toughness program orientation and started several occupational training classes, including success lab courses and financial literacy. He had decided to pursue certification in forklift operation.

“Because of his compliance and dedication in our program, we are happy and eager to report…that Mr. Sanders has demonstrated a propensity of progressive success and law-abiding citizentry,’’ reads a letter to the judges in Sanders’ cases. “When our nation formulates plans to reduce recidivism and enable second changes, Antonio Sanders' post incarceration journey is the example all similarly situated participants should emulate.”
https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/...ing-identified-as-birmingham-24-year-old.html

·
Registered
15,245 Posts
Rush had it on his show today noting that it's not something the media will talk about. he also mentioned the thug is ... how best to put this... no longer a drain on society. Apparently he did turn his life around... to death.

Reactions: rollin thunder

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Rush had it on his show today noting that it's not something the media will talk about. he also mentioned the thug is ... how best to put this... no longer a drain on society. Apparently he did turn his life around... to death.
I'm convinced Rush reads T/A Net
He'll pick up things a day or two old from this forum and even darned near quote replies. Perhaps T/A Net shows up on a googlefu search?

·
Registered
36,935 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts