Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a flat on the way home yesterday evening. Go to the range this morning, had a great 4 hours, and then head to NTB. Turns out I have a ripped side wall! Tires bought 9/15/18!!!

New tire $130. Why didn’t I buy the warranty!!

Manager gets my tire, install and warranty on all four for $89 out the door. Turned out all right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Seems like you've had a few tire issues recently. Now that I've said that, I'm next.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I had to replace my alternator and water pump on my truck last week. That was 300 bucks I was putting back for a 627 Tracker! Darnit.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
I would usually have rotating years when we owned the farm/ranch. One year would be tires. Having tires on a tractor repaired runs into some big bucks quick if you require a service call.

The next year it would be batteries with 2 per tractor at a time. Still own 4 tractors which all likely need batteries and tire service....LOL

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would usually have rotating years when we owned the farm/ranch. One year would be tires. Having tires on a tractor repaired runs into some big bucks quick if you require a service call.

The next year it would be batteries with 2 per tractor at a time. Still own 4 tractors which all likely need batteries and tire service....LOL
Dad blew out a tire on a tractor out at Sandlake and that “remote” service call was big $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Super Moderator
35,536 Posts
I have never bought the tire warranties (he said at the risk of jinxing himself)...Changed them out a couple of months ago to the tune of 750.00. Good that the dealer took care of you.

I have an issue with my AC currently...55k on a 2015 Durango. Have yet to do some investigation on probable cause.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
At $10 per tire always buy the warranty, I've had it pay for itself a couple of times one tire is all it takes.

Reactions: Car_Doc

·
Registered
18,485 Posts
I have the highest respect for tire guys, especially when it comes to the big stuff. Whatever they charge, they're worth every penny if you've ever done it yourself.

Reactions: Car_Doc

·
8,328 Posts
Good grief Charlie Brown can't you ever get one year without vehicle problems, I say in my nastiest Nancy voice. When I started paying more than $100 a tire, I buy warranties. Out here in the country we have some nasty rock/dirt roads. Wifes high end Michelin off road tires-had two flat out, both had nasty damage. Walmart warranty covered both(they pushed back a bit-I stood my ground) at $235 a tire they had a bad day. MIL's has had one go flat and Walmart had to eat that one too. The extended warranty pays for itself out here. Then with the no deductible comprehensive car insurance plan we have, I can get them out to put the spare on no charge, wherever I am. Or free tow, whichever is needed. So we pay more up front, but it is paying for itself.

·
Registered
18,485 Posts
But it's almost worth the price just to watch the tire jockey mount a large rear tractor tire using spray ether, a match, and a prayer.
You used to always be able to recognize tire guys, they didn't have eyebrows.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I'm wondering if the first tire installer, the one that put the tire with the sidewall problem, on your vehicle inspected the tire prior to installation. One of the tire stores I used in the past required their installers to do a thorough inspection of the tire before it was installed. The owner of the company said, and I quote, "I would rather throw away a bad tire than to see one fail and cause catastrophic damage to a car and injure or kill someone. My business would be a heap of trouble if that happened. Plus medical and legal fees cost more than a tire". I won't name names, but he is a big name in tires in a certain area of the country.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I have always bought the warranty, at today prices for tires. It only take one tire to be replaced and the warranty was well worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts