Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
They make a good case to buy most of those firearms mentioned...

·
Registered
17,306 Posts
That's what happens when you get self-appointed experts on firearms who know nothing
about firearms and then have them write an article about firearms.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I laughed when I saw the Garand and 1903 referred to as inexpensive. They apparently don't follow the CMP to see what Garand and M1 Carbine prices have done lately not to mention the 1911's CMP is ready to release through a lottery.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
I laughed when I saw the Garand and 1903 referred to as inexpensive. They apparently don't follow the CMP to see what Garand and M1 Carbine prices have done lately not to mention the 1911's CMP is ready to release through a lottery.
My father hunts with a 1903. Probably why he can’t operate or knows anything about ARs. His rifle is a very nice rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,548 Posts
They make a good case to buy most of those firearms mentioned...
Yeah...:icon_rolleyes:...that guy's train of thought went off the tracks pretty quick but no great loss...:unsure:...apparently all the cars were empty.

·
Registered
15,232 Posts
They showed the M1 Garand and claimed its not a good home defense weapon but what if they're on your lawn?

·
Premium Member
13,457 Posts
Reactions: whichfinger

·
Registered
21,120 Posts

·
Registered
19,548 Posts
They showed the M1 Garand and claimed its not a good home defense weapon but what if they're on your lawn?
Heck...:dry:...even if the bg's in the same room, I'll bet the Garand would stop 'im and if they're close enough for hand-to-hand...:wink:...you could beat the livin' crap outa' someone with an M1.....:unsure:...good argument for a bayonet.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Sorry Guys but I have to agree that most of those are not the best choice for Home defense, the 500 and 460 hand cannons with their compensated barrels have a huge muzzle flash and will leave You with no night vision after lighting off a round in a dark House.
Not to mention that if You miss the bad Guy the bullet will penetrate every wall in Your House it may actually go through the threat and still penetrate every wall.
High powered Rifle? See over penetration above.
Compact Handguns are difficult to shoot accurately especially in low light no light situations and .22 caliber has little stopping power unless You strike a vital organ or major artery.
Even though the Washington Times is barley acceptable as bird cage liner, that particular article was pretty accurate.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Obviously an attempt by a conservative newspaper to justify advertising sales by appearing to present a topic of interest to many conservatives. Too bad advertisers do not,know the article is one small step above a scam.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Premium Member
4,941 Posts
Gosh -- I found that to be a very informative piece of journalism. It was frightening to see all those awful assault weapons but I know that brave writer was just doing the best to keep us all safe.

:evil::icon_ lala::icon_ banana::why:

·
Premium Member
13,457 Posts
I'd take my chances with any one of those guns rather than take my chances on a 911 phone calls response time.

·
Registered
19,548 Posts
Sorry Guys but I have to agree that most of those are not the best choice for Home defense, the 500 and 460 hand cannons with their compensated barrels have a huge muzzle flash and will leave You with no night vision after lighting off a round in a dark House.
Not to mention that if You miss the bad Guy the bullet will penetrate every wall in Your House it may actually go through the threat and still penetrate every wall.
High powered Rifle? See over penetration above.
Compact Handguns are difficult to shoot accurately especially in low light no light situations and .22 caliber has little stopping power unless You strike a vital organ or major artery.
Even though the Washington Times is barley acceptable as bird cage liner, that particular article was pretty accurate.
Of course...:dunno:...there's always the obvious question of why, in the first place? Was there supposed to be a point? What is the sense in devoting a moments effort, let alone an entire article to a compilation of the worst of anything? :mellow:...who cares?!! That's not journalism, that's not informative...:dry:...it's senseless. I mean...:unsure:...do ya' ever see articles on how not to lose weight when dieting or on how to plant a garden so nothing will grow? Whether you're writing about guns, home defense or a combination of the two...:huh:...why would you concentrate on what not to use and how not to use it? This journalist obviously received the same quality of education as he's trying to inflict on his readers.

·
Super Moderator
20,059 Posts
That looked more like a list of firearms “you should shoot at least once before you die” rather than bad for home defense. For a liberal publication I really expected to see an RPG listed!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My copy/paste comment referred to the fact that, in most of the "reviews," the writer simply grabbed ad copy from the manufacturer's web site and pasted it in with no discernible logic, even cutting some off in mid sentence. The guy who put that together is in no danger of ever being nominated for a Nobel Prize.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
They said that bolt action riffles aren't good because they're harder to maneuver in the house. Well, why maneuver when you can just shoot thru the walls! :D

·
Registered
19,548 Posts
That looked more like a list of firearms “you should shoot at least once before you buy” rather than bad for home defense. For a liberal publication I really expected to see an RPG listed!
Prob'ly would've been, if they came with high capacity magazines. He really put down those single shots.

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
ahh. I have my own personal list that I give to friends and family.
eye dunt knead know published list!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts