Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is looking for a small pistol to have in his car and at his cabin when he goes up there. Not looking for anything too big (bulky wise). Not opposed to larger calibers like .40 or .45. He sent me an email telling me about Bass pro Shops having a Millennium Pro in 9mm with a Titanium slide and 3.25" barrel and Heine Sights for $399.97. Flyer says this is a $140 savings and it has piqued his interest. Is it a good gun for what he's looking for? I kinda think it is, but I was wondering if any of you Millennium owners would have some input.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I've owned three Millennium Pros (PT138, PT111, and PT145), and this line of pistols is one rock-solid, dependable line.

001 - MILLENNIUM PRO PT138 with mag.JPG 006 - Millennium Pro PT111 with mag.JPG 025 - PT145 fence l.s..JPG

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you drop 4 bills on the above mentioned gun if the use was as I described?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That would be a tad high for a MilPro with a "regular" slide, however, with the Titanium Slide, that's a fair price.

They are great little shooters at self-defense distances and tick like the proverbial Timex watch. ;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. This is Bass Pro Pricing so even with their sale price I wouldn't expect any door buster super savings.

·
32,496 Posts
There are the 745 single stack .45 ACP pistol, the PT145 in .45 ACP, the PT140 in .40 S&W, and the Millennium Pro PT111 to consider.

Is this a new gun or used? Pardon if my ignorance of Bass Pro shops is showing.

·
32,496 Posts
I've got a stainless steel Pt111 Mil Pro and 3-PT132s and all work well.

It does take the proverbial 200-300 round break in period to make sure things are working 100%.
The gun,if bought will need to get a field strip and cleaning prior to being shot for the first time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are the 745 single stack .45 ACP pistol, the PT145 in .45 ACP, the PT140 in .40 S&W, and the Millennium Pro PT111 to consider.

Is this a new gun or used? Pardon if my ignorance of Bass Pro shops is showing.
I'm guessing he was considering this one because it's on sale. Bass Pro Shops is a big box chain sporting goods store much like Gander Mountain or Cabela's. This is a new gun

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
I've found Bass and Cabela's prices on just about anything ridiculously high. This PT111 Titanium is a good price. Academy has the SS for same price $400 and the Black $369. I'd sure jump on it if I were in the market.

I've checked on line for pricing from various gun sites, and while less expensive when you throw in $25 for my FFL and freight + sometimes taxes - Academy has them beat every time even with taxes - at least that's been my experience. Not to mention I get to fondle it and get a feel of comfort in my hand. Doesn't make much difference where you buy - once you're out the door or it's in your hands - you own it - like it or not.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've found Bass and Cabela's prices on just about anything ridiculously high. This PT111 Titanium is a good price. Academy has the SS for same price $400 and the Black $369. I'd sure jump on it if I were in the market.

I've checked on line for pricing from various gun sites, and while less expensive when you throw in $25 for my FFL and freight + sometimes taxes - Academy has them beat every time even with taxes - at least that's been my experience. Not to mention I get to fondle it and get a feel of comfort in my hand. Doesn't make much difference where you buy - once you're out the door or it's in your hands - you own it - like it or not.
When I was shopping around for my Judge, I saw an awesome price at Gunbrokers.com but when you added in the shipping, insurance and FFL, not to mention the 2 week wait for the funds to clear and ship the gun, found that my local small business gun shop was actually only $6.00 more expensive. Bought locally because I could see the condition of the gun before committing to it and I supported a local business and then they surprised me by telling me all LEO and military get a 10% discount, Guess who gets a first look on everything firearm related now?

Reactions: Wino

·
Registered
73 Posts
Centerfireguns.com is a great place to look too. I've bought two from there. Cheap prices, and always FREE Shipping. The PT 111 in Stainless is 349.00 and like I said FREE Shipping. New Gun too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bass pro Shops having a Millennium Pro in 9mm with a Titanium slide and 3.25" barrel and Heine Sights for $399.97... Is it a good gun for what he's looking for? I kinda think it is, but I was wondering if any of you Millennium owners would have some input.
I purchased a slightly used PT111 (9mm) Millennium Pro w/ Titanium slide about 3 months ago for about the same price. BPS's "$140 savings" comment is based on MSRP and almost nobody pays that much! I recently got my VA CHP and the PT111 is one of my primary carry weapons. I've got almost 500 rounds through it and have not had a single problem with it - other than the Heine "Figure Eight" sights. I replaced those with Williams Fire Sights to get back to a 3-dot type of sight. It has eaten everything I've tried to feed it (from 115 to 158 gr FMJ-type round to 115 to 147 gr HP rounds of various types). It swallows everything I feed it and goes "BANG!" I've been quite happy with it.

BTW, I also own a PT138 (.380 ACP) Millennium Pro w/ SS slide and a PT145 (.45 ACP) Millennium Pro in blue. The PT138 has been almost a good as the PT111. Unfortunately, the PT145 has given me some problems with ammunition. Nothing really serious, but just enough that I would not be confident in trying to use it as one of my carry weapons at the present time. Once I find a suitable and dependable self defense round (have some Gold Dots waiting for my next range trip), I'm hoping to add it to my rotation.

J

·
0 Posts
I think it's a great deal.. did you say titanium too? 7 times stronger that steel? It might be a DAO check it out before.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts