Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was skeptical a few weeks ago in regards to my PT709 because of the FTE's that was happening. They told me to give it a chance it needed to be broken in. I put 50 rounds today and did not have one failure at all just shooting to the left still kill shots just not in the middle of the body more to the lungs. What am I doing wrong.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Yep, good trigger control is HUGE! BTW, I like your encouraging post. I have a new Ruger SR40 which I am breaking in and has a few problems, but I think I am going to fire another 250 rounds through it and see what happens.......

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
break in

Yep, good trigger control is HUGE! BTW, I like your encouraging post. I have a new Ruger SR40 which I am breaking in and has a few problems, but I think I am going to fire another 250 rounds through it and see what happens.......
Yes almost traded it I put 100 rounds last week 3 FTE's then they said it needed to be broken in cause I really like the gun I decided to give a try like a baseball glove. Good cleaningnalso stated to use air spray like when you clean your computor key board to spread evenly the gun oil especially around the firing pin or where I see needed today shot 50 no problems so I am pleased starting to feel good about the gun again going to try defense ammo next being that I am right at 300 rounds maybe we see shooting again next week keep checking let you know wats up next wednesday. Take care

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup! but man my glock 27 still rocks. getting to love my pt709

1 - 7 of 7 Posts