Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I need a good defence round for my new 651 what does everyone carry in there .357? I tried a friends .357 JHP 158 grain and it really put a hurt on my hand. Any help in this matter would really help me choose the right defence load without tearing my hand up.:eek: Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Personally I carry the Federal Hydrashocks. We used them or a LE version at the Sheriff's Office. I just p/u a box for my new 9mm. I can tell you first hand they work nothing coming out the suspect at a close quarter shooting I was involved in. I trust my life to them. I have them in 40/9/380/38 and 45 for my various pistols. I even use Federal Low Recoil 00 LE rounds in my home defense 12 gauge. There are many other similar rounds if you stick with a main brand you should be good. Heck I had to edit: I even have a Federal Urban LE round in .223 for my M4.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I agree with Flatbadge. I use Federal Hydrashok .38 spl non plus+ 110 gr hollowpoints in my .38 and they work great. Try a lighter weight bullet in the .357 Hydrashok and see what happens....

·
Registered
436 Posts
I can't help there because I either have 158gr 38sp or 158 gr .357 loaded at all times. I guess my 617 soaks up a lot of recoil and the bite that goes with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts