Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after waiting for eight months on three backordered 13 round magazines I gave up and traded my eight month old PT 809 c for a Sig Sauer P250 Compact. Which is a far superior handgun! I even left a message on Taurus' FB page about my disappointment. Not only about having magazines on backorder for such a long time, but the fact that Taurus would develop a handgun and release it for sale without having the appropriate magazines available for it.

I'll keep my TCP (I can find parts, magazines and accessories for IT! Unlike with the PT 809 compact), but that's the last (the 809 compact was my first) Taurus I will ever own!

·
Super Moderator
21,615 Posts
And what are you going to do when your SIG jams because I've seen it happen. Call SIG and cry and buy a H&K which is what you should have done to begin with if you want the best. But then thats just a personal opinion!

Reactions: HD-Mike

·
Super Moderator
21,615 Posts
My point exactly I have shot most guns thats available to the public and they all jam at some point or another. The 809 is a fine gun!

·
Registered
24,762 Posts
That is one heck of a way to introduce yourself to the forum or did you just need to vent and leave.

·
Registered
206 Posts
PT809 is a fantastic firearm (full size or compact). The gun should have came with at least 1 magazine (my full size came with 2) initially so while awaiting extra mags is a pain in the butt think how long we have been waiting on ammunition to come back on the market in appreciable amounts and at a somewhat acceptable price, ESPECIALLY .22 LR rounds...so do we get ticked off and decide to sell all our guns and buy cross bows? BTW - I own one of them too and while it is real fun it just ain't the same. :devil: Also other than posting on Facebook did you contact Taurus, when and what was their response to the back order issue? It took me over 3 months to locate and aquire some extra 9mm mags for a couple of my other guns; last year and early this year they were just not available.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Another hater be hating !

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Always wondered why, when Taurus makes a new product,
it's like it's engineered from the ground up. There seems to
be virtually no interchangeable parts between models. Now,
my PT24/7 has 11 and 15 round mags that are interchangeable
but that's about it.

It's no wonder they have parts issues. This also has to be a
manufacturing nightmare. However, I'm sure it keeps a lot
of designers employed.

This is the main reason I'm seriously considering
dumping my 24/7.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm nearly at that point with my 740. I love the pistol, I'm just growing tired of the magazine chase. I've been recently thinking of moving to another model of .40 S&W maybe a PT140 G2 but, maybe some manufacturer other than Taurus.

I just don't why Taurus can't support their products but, they are close to losing me as a customer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PT809 is a fantastic firearm (full size or compact). The gun should have came with at least 1 magazine (my full size came with 2) initially so while awaiting extra mags is a pain in the butt think how long we have been waiting on ammunition to come back on the market in appreciable amounts and at a somewhat acceptable price, ESPECIALLY .22 LR rounds...so do we get ticked off and decide to sell all our guns and buy cross bows? BTW - I own one of them too and while it is real fun it just ain't the same. :devil: Also other than posting on Facebook did you contact Taurus, when and what was their response to the back order issue? It took me over 3 months to locate and aquire some extra 9mm mags for a couple of my other guns; last year and early this year they were just not available.
I contacted Taurus by phone from January to August, once each month to check up on the status. I received the same answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Always wondered why, when Taurus makes a new product,
it's like it's engineered from the ground up. There seems to
be virtually no interchangeable parts between models. Now,
my PT24/7 has 11 and 15 round mags that are interchangeable
but that's about it.

It's no wonder they have parts issues. This also has to be a
manufacturing nightmare. However, I'm sure it keeps a lot
of designers employed.

This is the main reason I'm seriously considering
dumping my 24/7.

All the Best,
D. White
One guy posted a video on YT illustrating a full size PT 24/7 magazine will fit into a PT 809 c. But he never proved the magazine for the PT 24/7 compact would work with the PT 809 c. So, during a visit to a gun shop I decided to pull a magazine for the PT 24/7 compact from the shelf and ask if I could see if it would fit my PT 809 c, which I was carrying concealed. The store clerk compared the two magazines for each gun and proved that the magazine for the PT 24/7 compact would not fit.

As for Taurus not thinking ahead with parts and magazine availability.... that is a serious issue that will result in the loss of many customers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those of you who don't own a PT 809 compact you must understand that there are zero, zip, zilch magazines for this handgun on the open market. I spent a few hours one night looking (using DuckDuckGo search engine) at every single Website that sells Taurus magazines. I literally reached the end of the Internet!

·
Administrator
35,516 Posts
This isn't a problem, at least it's not anymore. Everybody knows that parts are hard to get right now, and if you sold your Taurus for the Sig, then good for you ! However, there isn't really anything in this thread that warrants it being kept open, because you don't need help with a Taurus gun. I'm going to lock the thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.