Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

wasnt hunting today but couldnt resist stopping in the Wal Mart, found .40 and .22. Bought my limit there.

My son wanted an airsoft rifle so we went to Academy and they had plenty of .223, 5.56. I bought my limit there too.

Academy had 9mm for 44.00 for 50 rnds. Holy sh*! Glad I dont have a 9mm

My son got an Aftermath brand AK47, $150.00 Maybe this is the new plinking?

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I found some today too... In the back of the truck under the rear seat i found 2 boxes of 9mm that had escaped from a bag weeks and weeks ago¡

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Ran by Wal-Mart at lunchtime and they had more than enough 40, at least 8 100 rd boxes. Then ran by my LGS to get me some 10mm and they had plenty of that plus a lot more of other calibers

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
My LGS had case lots of Federal .22LR match today, yup took home two cases 1000 rounds! Smiley High Five.gif

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats good to hear!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I see plenty of .40 ammo on Wally World shelves next to .30-30, .243, .273, but .22LR and 9mm have dust piles in their spots.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Hopefully it's starting to loosen up a tad. I think 9mm is still about the most popular handgun cartridge, so it might take a little longer to catch up, but we might be seeing a break.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
LGS 16.99 for 50 9mm, he had 10,000 rds of 22lr was gone in half hour, nobody has 22lr

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just bought 500 rds of 357 mag for 275.00 ,500 rds of 44 mag for 320.00, 250 rds of 9 mm for 125.00. all plus shipping from Gunbroker .Glad I have plenty of 22lr and 22 mag.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I was at my local Gander Mt last night and they had at least 5 cartons of 9mm (Blazer Brass) each a 350 ct for 99.99. If I had a 9 I would have bought two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I work for UPS and today we shipped a box of 38 special 500 rounds, anyone wanna guess how much? A whopping $3,162.32.....crazy!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Sitting here now waiting for the ups man to bring my find from the internet. Thanks for sharing the info.. My walmart had clean shelves...

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
I work for UPS and today we shipped a box of 38 special 500 rounds, anyone wanna guess how much? A whopping $3,162.32.....crazy!
Holy %$#@.

Maybe I need to stop, bought 100 rounds of 9 fmj Winchester yesterday for $60 and just bought 120 rounds of Monarch 223 for $90.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
22 well I went hunting for that and best I found was a brick of match grade target stuff for.... well... 70 for the brick. :/ made up for that with 6 boxes of 50 rounds of 45ACP for 20 bucks a box.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Well, you couldn't prove by the Local Walmart's receiving any ammo that it has loosened up, at least not around here.

We had our so called blizzard on Monday, so there were no deliveries on Monday night. I checked two Walmart's on Wednesday morning thinking it would be a double shipment, but nada. Thursday morning just checked one, the one that stocks at 7:00 am, nada, so I didn't bother to go to the one that pulls and stocks at 8 am. This morning, I checked the 7 am store and they had gotten in 10 100 round Winchester Bulk .45 acp and were $41.97 a box. I could have gotten 300 rounds, but first, Winchester in anything other than a revolver, rifle or shotgun, I don't like Winchester that much in Target ammo particularly.

Price and perception, coupled with me being .45 acp poor, as I have more rounds of it than my evil rifle calibers and anything else other than .22 LR, and I doubt their would be a whole lot of profit in trying to resell. If it had been 100 count Federal Champion for $28.97, my wallet would have been lighter as that is my favorite range fodder anyhow. I would probably have sprung for Remington UMC hollow-points in my second tier defensive ammo because they feed absolutely reliably and never malfunction and are nearly inexpensive enough to shoo at the range.

One high note of the day, I did an inventory of my .22 LR and found it to be be better than I thought. I may go out and splurge and shoot off about 20-25 rounds! I did have a thousand rounds more than I thought, and 300 were Mini Mags.

Yep, I am Scrooge when it comes to ammo, but my trigger finger is getting itchy! :)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I had a phenomenal day. I had agreed to buy 3 50 round boxes of 9mm off Armslist for $50. On the way stopped at Bass Pro and they had 9mm also. Then went by Academy and got 22. But I didn't own anything in 22 so bought the PT22 poly also. Here are some photos of my haul.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts