Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've enjoyed my 740SS Slim,but i gonna be moving to the Ruger SR9c for me and a LC9 with laser for my wife.The Ruger is smoother than the 740 especially the trigger.Been searching and searching for a pistol for my wife, and she really likes the feel of the LC9 so gonna switch to strictly 9mm for my household to keep ammo simple and cheaper..My 740 has about 300rds thru with zero problems.It also has a Kholster holster.Paid 400.00 for it so how much do you think i should ask for it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
IMHO, you can't beat the 740 for a 40 CC weapon. The Ruger SR40c (or SR9c) is a fun gun for the range, but too wide for CC if you are planning IWB.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I would say about $300. I can get a new 740 Slim for $335 from my LGS, so let that be a guide. BTW, my carry gun is a Kel-tec PF9, and although it takes a little bit of work to shoot accurately because the the punch inherent to its weight, is a fantastic carry piece.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
709 & 740's used are going in the 250-275 range all day here near the airport.
They can be had new at online shops for under 300.
I "THINK" CDNN has the 709 & 740 for like 279-289??

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Palmetto State Armory has 709s for 269.99. That's where I got mine. The Taurus gets very good reviews but does not get the street cred of many of the hotter selling items. Works for me as a new buyer. I might sit on the 740 knowing that. I'm impressed with the line and current cache means little tO me but the market- strong as it is- can be a fickle place.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Man for those prices maybe i should just keep it and add the SR9c to my stable...
Thats what I'd do. I've seen new ones around here on sale alittle under $300. Besides this just means you have the right firearm for the right sitution. You can have your everyday firearm, your going to a bbq with friends firearm, your grocery shopping firearm..... :D

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
How many mags do you have???!! Hehe....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Palmetto State Armory has 709s for 269.99. That's where I got mine. The Taurus gets very good reviews but does not get the street cred of many of the hotter selling items. Works for me as a new buyer. I might sit on the 740 knowing that. I'm impressed with the line and current cache means little tO me but the market- strong as it is- can be a fickle place.
Wow! I thought i got a good deal at $325.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
I paid $380 + Tax at Academy earlier this month for new PT740 SS w/2-mags - the blacks about $100 less. Was cheaper or a push with anything I found on the web when adding FFL $25 and freight or not and most were with only one mag and almost brown bag packaging. Round trip to my range/FFL is $20 in gas. I sit between two Academy's, one 4 mi. no. the othe 5 mi. so.;)

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Palmetto still had them on line yesterday - haven't been to the sight today yet. Great folks and very good with AR parts, kits etc. as well.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Palmetto 709 Blk. w/1-mag $270 + Shipping + FFL. Academy Blk. $300 + Tax w/2-mags. 740 SS still $380 + Tax.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If they're going for 380 plus, i should be able to get 325-350 with the two mags pinky extension and Kholster holster.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
If they're going for 380 plus, i should be able to get 325-350 with the two mags pinky extension and Kholster holster.
Buds has used one 740SS for $300 w/2-mags and no mag extension - so you should be in the sellable range with holster and mag extensions.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah i was thinking 350 with everything including my .40 ammo..

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Yeah i was thinking 350 with everything including my .40 ammo..
Now I know what a trout feels when trying to decide if that fly is a real fly!!!:) You're sucking me in slowly, one cast at a time.:eek:

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
Man for those prices maybe i should just keep it and add the SR9c to my stable...
IF the 740 works good then that might be the best option!
I mean in reality you can't buy a weapon at a Hi-Point price new then get a Colt price for it used when trying to sell it.
basically while Taurus generally makes a very good weapon the way to get the money out of them is to shoot it out of them.
I do have several Taurus pistols that i litterly stole and think I can always get my money out of them, most I can't.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts