Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know many, if not most of the folks out there don't care for gold parts. Well I do when done tastefully so this leads me to my question here. Where can I get the gold parts for one of my Pt1911's? Anyone with the gold parts want to trade for factory black?

Thanks,
Chuck

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Saw the thread title, thought it was talking about plastic surgery in Beverly Hills. :eek:

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
yep, my suggestion is to obtain parts , have them fitted TO YOUR GUN and then have a plating company put the old fake gold plating on them!!!-------:bling:---- :bling:-----:bling:

·
Registered
15,495 Posts
A good titanium nitride plating/treatment will also look like about 10-12 karat gold and will hold up considerably longer. Just remember, any time you have a part plated, you are changing the dimensions slightly. If a smith is fitting parts for you, let them know you plan on sending them out for a TiN coating.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
15,495 Posts
Too bad you missed out on the CDNN gold rush, they had the PT 1911's with the gold parts in the $330 range if I remember right.
My wife has one of the PT1911's with gold accents in 38 super. We missed out on the CDNN blowout because she was indecisive. We ended up buying one about 3 months later at $550 as that was the absolute cheapest I could find. It's really a stunning pistol since I made a new set of grips for it. It's flashy but not too blingy. best of all, it's a tack driver that eats whatever we feed it (not likely we'll ever find steel cased ammo in 38 super). first is OEM, second is my wifes.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
Too bad you missed out on the CDNN gold rush, they had the PT 1911's with the gold parts in the $330 range if I remember right.

can't remember exactly but I think they were a bit more than that?
they had the basic blue (which I believe was the old polished blue) the Stainless that I got, the polished blue with gold and the polished stainless with gold.
there wasn't a lot of difference in the price of the cheapest and most expensive, I think that I paid like 379 for my stainless-- of course without the bling.
I think the blingers were just above 4 bills --like 409 or so?
I know they were at a fantastic price as they were selling here for at least 150 bucks more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.