Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to the range Saturday and I plan on renting a Millennium G2 and a couple others for comparison. I really want to like the G2. I can't wait! Hopefully it will help me pick what I'm going to buy with my bonus this spring.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
That is the best way to get it figured out, rent, borrow, whatever you can to try different guns. Plus it's just fun! Good luck with your decision.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Well, you just have a bunch of fun at the range and shoot as many guns as you can so you can be sure what to buy with that nice bonus check! Shoot often now.:D:D:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the range I went to didn't have any Taurus', so I didn't get to try the PT111. Kinda bummed that I couldn't compare it. I shot a Ruger SR9C and a SA XD-9 Subcompact. Both seemed like great guns. I shot well with both.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I went to another gun shop to see if I could get my hands on a G2 but they didn't have one in stock. I said I was also looking at the SR9c and he said definitely go with the SR. He said that the pt111 is their most traded in gun. People get the for a first gun and then shoot something else and want to trade. I guess if it shoots like my father in-laws 24/7c I probably go with the SR because I didn't care for it, but he likes it. I guess I'll still see if I can shoot one before I make a decision.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
That gun shop was probably referring to the PT111 MilPro, not the G2 version. I have heard nothing but good things about the PT111 G2. That said, the SR9c is an excellent and modestly priced alternative if that is how you would rather go.

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
Go to as many gun shops as you can, and handle as many of the compact 9mm pistols as they have. That's how I found my Sig P250 compact. It fits like it was custom made for me, and shoots better than it fits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts