Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,811 Posts
:smile:...impulse buys can be the best. It's like they say with testing, go with your first answer. :wink:...trust your subconscious, it's always lookin' out for you.

·
Super Moderator
19,746 Posts
I’ve got quite a gun kitty built up now and plan to put it to use soon. I’ve only bought 4 guns this year and that ain’t near enough to finish the year with.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I feel the urge again to impulse shop at a couple of my favorite LGSs

Nothing specific in mind but the price points are so low... I'd like to take advantage

Maybe I'll find an ugly duckling nobody wants and adopt it

Don't need another gun... Just have the hankering...
Yeah, sounds great....until the wife sees you trying to slip in the garage door....with a bag in your hand. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
884 Posts
''Don't need another gun... Just have the hankering..."

Works for me too.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
My goal or hankering currently is to get to the range more often and pleasure run from rounds down range. Don't enjoy going and punching holes in paper as much as I liked making cans dance down the creek bed. But since we sold the ranch it's the best that I can do for now.

Wonder if I can find a creek bed for sale?

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
I’ve got quite a gun kitty built up now and plan to put it to use soon. I’ve only bought 4 guns this year and that ain’t near enough to finish the year with.
Bide your time...the season is nigh and the market soft. There are certain to be deals so good that even Scrooge McDuck can't pass up.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IMG_20112019_091959_(1000_x_1000_pixel)_1574263303773.jpg

KelTec CMR30 .22wmr carbine

Thinking about this... I have the PMR30 handgun and love it

Maybe this for $449 (plus tax) at my LGS...

While I can order for $408 (plus tax) at Sportsman Guide with my membership, my LGS charges $20 xfer

So... Totals roughly $475 at LGS vs $450 online (after xfer fee and tax)

I'll probably pay the extra $25... Like to support the LGS with a share of my business... Sometimes I buy online

16" barrel, 22.7" collapsed length, 3.8lb unloaded weight! And threaded barrel

I've fondled this many times at LGS and it is growing on me!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ordered a 350 legend upper this morning, my son is thinking about going out during shotgun season, he did late muzzleloader last year. I might group hunt with him carrying my 357 max but let him shoot 2 unless something big walks by me first. Ordered it online, but will get ammo & mags at LGS. $9 a box of 20 is pretty reasonable for fmj. Hunting ammo is closer to $20.

·
Registered
36,318 Posts
Got to hold and examine one of these today... Wow... Very cool sights... Reminds me of the Curve I had... Only these are combination night sights and fiber optic

maybe I'll go back tomorrow...

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-sas.html
Yep I fondled one about 2-3 weeks back, quite nice lil package for a back up weapon doe to its size, weight, caliber and the total lack of anything on the slide to hang as well as being ported barrel.
they are slick as can be and IF I had not already bought a regular Sig 365 then I would have one.
Sig has ran many of the SAS weapons over the years just not with this type sighting system.
here they sale at about 575 with 2 mags and of course the Sig sauer quality.

·
Super Moderator
35,078 Posts
I feel the urge again to impulse shop at a couple of my favorite LGSs

Nothing specific in mind but the price points are so low... I'd like to take advantage

Maybe I'll find an ugly duckling nobody wants and adopt it

Don't need another gun... Just have the hankering...
It's danged tough, ain't it? :rofl:

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
My goal or hankering currently is to get to the range more often and pleasure run from rounds down range. Don't enjoy going and punching holes in paper as much as I liked making cans dance down the creek bed. But since we sold the ranch it's the best that I can do for now.

Wonder if I can find a creek bed for sale?
Boy howdy! I'm going in the morning, just to shoot handguns. Sent my stock from my Savage Axis in a couple of weeks ago, to be Hydro-dipped. I went with a Multi Cam pattern, and it supposed to be back like Monday or Tuesday. Seeing as though I have a four day weekend over Thanksgiving, I'll be heading over to the club to shoot just long guns, and I want to make sure the scope is still "on".

Hey, gives me an excuse to take it out anyways! :p

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
You'll be happier with the 9mm version. The 22wmr version is very finicky about ammo, and right now 9mm is on par or less in price. Also, it takes Glock mags.

·
Registered
36,318 Posts
Damn. You certainly don't need to wonder where the front sight is! ;)
YEP! and one of my dislikes of ported barrels is that in short fashion powder from firing covers your front sight, regardless of type, now with the porting on this 365 SAS that's not a problem and they say it gives the weapon a 30% plus reduction in muzzle jump.
I kinda, sorta, almost think I could LOVE this as my regular 365 already is a well behaved lil 9 MM.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts