Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I expect to get out of the class? Only thing I have been told so far is. Bring your gun into class, but leave ammo in your car. That is it. Should I bring a notepad to take notes? Any tips or pointers?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
What should I expect to get out of the class? Only thing I have been told so far is. Bring your gun into class, but leave ammo in your car. That is it. Should I bring a notepad to take notes? Any tips or pointers?
Thanks
Contact your instructor for details about what exactly to bring.

Each state has different requirements. For instance in my CHL class we were told to leave guns and ammo in the car until we qualified which was the last thing we did in class.

ETA: Good luck but you'll do just fine.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Good Luck with your class. It should cover basic gun safey, gun handling, laws, and actual shooting to qualify.
Each class instructor,will have their own way of handling the class, so as mentioned above check with the instructor or business hosting the course.

Rob

·
Registered
218 Posts
Good Luck with your class. It should cover basic gun safey, gun handling, laws, and actual shooting to qualify.
Each class instructor,will have their own way of handling the class, so as mentioned above check with the instructor or business hosting the course.
Rob

I agree with Rob. I see you list middle TN as your location. I just took the class offered by Dennis in Murfreesboro. It was a good class (rather large) and even though I took a few notes I probably didn't really need to. I got 100% on the test so I'm sure you don't have to worry about it too much. We went to the range in the afternoon out in Woodbury and the only recommendation I have for the range (especially with this specific instructor) is to go in the first group. Once your done with your 48 rounds you get your certificate and can leave.
Not sure about the other classes offered, I know On Target has a class which is entirely in Murfreesboro and the range is indoor...they charge more though. Whose class are you taking?

I went to the DMV and did the application last week and had the fingerprints done this week...now its wait and watch the mailbox!

Reactions: RobThatsMe

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Pay special attention to the legal responsibility stuff. Shooting another human in self defense is a tough thing to do, but ending up in prison for it is worse. You really need to become an expert on the law and your legal rights. It is to your advantage. Check out Jon Gusmacher's books on the subject.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I agree with Rob. I see you list middle TN as your location. I just took the class offered by Dennis in Murfreesboro. It was a good class (rather large) and even though I took a few notes I probably didn't really need to. I got 100% on the test so I'm sure you don't have to worry about it too much. We went to the range in the afternoon out in Woodbury and the only recommendation I have for the range (especially with this specific instructor) is to go in the first group. Once your done with your 48 rounds you get your certificate and can leave.
Not sure about the other classes offered, I know On Target has a class which is entirely in Murfreesboro and the range is indoor...they charge more though. Whose class are you taking?

I went to the DMV and did the application last week and had the fingerprints done this week...now its wait and watch the mailbox!
That is who will be teaching my class. Did you get alot out of the course?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts