·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody else having any trouble entering the serial number? It's expecting a 7 digit number to enter but my pistol has a 8 digit. My r462 has 8 digits, DS123456 example. It wont let me enter it WTH!

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
I think I put my service order number in there and the serial number in the comments.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I put my service order number in there and the serial number in the comments.
I don't see a comments on that form? I just did a lookup on my revolver at Taurus with my serial number and it's 8 digits This whole recall process is broken from the top to the bottom. I've got a feeling I'm not going to see a penny of the $50 or my revolver that's been in a black hole since June.

SERIAL NO.ds21**** Blocked the last four numbers.
MODELR46202
DESCRIPTIONR462 2in SS 357 MAG 6 SHOT KL

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
IIRC I did a copy and paste on the serial number then.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
So is this whole deal only applicable to 38's and 357's? I have a 44 mag snubbie that falls in the serial number range, so the web page accepted the serial number, but I guess it isn't affected? I missed the part about it being 38's and 357's until after I had already entered my info....

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
So is this whole deal only applicable to 38's and 357's? I have a 44 mag snubbie that falls in the serial number range, so the web page accepted the serial number, but I guess it isn't affected? I missed the part about it being 38's and 357's until after I had already entered my info....
I didn't think it was caliber specific..rather model and age. Chat with Taurus. The 50 bucks may be for those who returned guns and had to wait for replacement.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I didn't think it was caliber specific..rather model and age. Chat with Taurus. The 50 bucks may be for those who returned guns and had to wait for replacement.
Here is the statement on the settlement web page that made me think it doesn't apply to my 44...

The Settlement includes owners of Rossi brand .38 Special and .357 Revolver models made between January 1, 2005, and December 31, 2017 (called the “Class Revolvers”).
But you are probably right, the only way to know for sure is to call them.

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Here is the statement on the settlement web page that made me think it doesn't apply to my 44...

But you are probably right, the only way to know for sure is to call them.
If it does, they'll want to give you a Taurus 605 in exchange most likely.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I called the number posted on the website. I talked to a nice lady and told her about the issue on the website with the form only accepting 7 digit serials. She seemed concerned and said she would pass it to the tech folks and call me back in a few days. DO NOT copy and paste the serial into the form it will leave off the last digit of the serial number if you have 8 digits. It will probably mess up the claim. Does anyone even have a R462 that has a seven digit serial?

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
I did get a confirmation code for the receipt of the claim, we'll see how that goes. My R-462-2 has a serial number of two alphas followed by six digits. Are you sure that your first digit isn't an "O"?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did get a confirmation code for the receipt of the claim, we'll see how that goes. My R-462-2 has a serial number of two alphas followed by six digits. Are you sure that your first digit isn't an "O"?
Mine has 2 letters followed by 6 numbers same as yours. Go back to the claim form again and just try to input the serial number. Let me know if it takes all 8 digits. It'll only accept 7. If you copy and past it'll still only accept seven, try it. My first 2 digits are DS, I have the factory box with the info and this is the same serial I used to start the whole recall process, it is right.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just put my 351 in and got a confirmation number.
I guess I just wait and see if I get a follow up.
Mine is a few years old now,and just has 15 rounds through it,and the hammer block seems to be working correctly,so we'll see.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Update:
JUst got a shipping label yesterday to send my 351 for inspection or repair.
Not an often used gun,so not much of an inconvenience if it takes awhile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update:
JUst got a shipping label yesterday to send my 351 for inspection or repair.
Not an often used gun,so not much of an inconvenience if it takes awhile.
Got confirmation number 09/01/2020. Got shippling label 10/22/2020. Got email wanting me to call them about update on 11/11/2020. Turned in a 461-03 and when they offered a 2" 5 shot, I explained I turned in a 3" 6 shot so they offered a model 65 which I accepted. Will post then it comes, so far things moving along smoother than other reports I've been seeing.

·
Super Moderator
26,963 Posts
You only have 17 days!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts