Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the lgs today in search of .223. When I got there his shelves where bare, both ammo and guns. I said to the gentlman buisness must be good! He responded not exactly. I asked him what was going on and he said his ammo distributers where backed up, I was not suprised by that but what was suprising was that Glock a name he usually has a ton of sent him an email informing him that they would not be filling ANY orders until further notice. He said other gun manufacturers have given him the same types of responses. This shop has been in buisness for some time and deals with the local police department. I found it strange to say the least. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Signs of the times.

Hopefully, things slow down a bit - and we can all find what we are looking for! More importantly at prices we can all afford.

Reactions: RKBA4LIFE

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Could be something to that.
Today, wasting time, I signed on to Gallery of Guns (Davidson's) and used only "9mm" as a search criteria. This brought up over 40 pages of guns, representing every major manufacturer.
Out of over 250 listings, I recall only one pistol being in stock and the inventory count was "1". Everything else was either listed as "O" inventory or "allocated".

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He did not insinuate they couldn't but wouldn't. He stated if things dont change soon he would go out of buisness. I also went to Gander Mountan today and they had no scary black rifles(no suprise there)but when I asked about .223 they had none and said when they come in they would be priced high. Maybe everyone is exeriencing the same but I just got a strange vibe.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Now is the time to be inundating our elected officials with e-mails and phone calls letting them know what we think about gun control. The media is in an all out push to paint guns in a bad light, and we have to push back - repeatedly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts