Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this a lot and and have actually had a lot of people ask me this question. Its about comparing glock and 24/7. So I thought I'd chime in.
First the 24/7. What can I say its by far got the most comfortable grip. I have yet to let someone shoot it that doesnt like the grip. The sights are of personal preference although I really dont like them, but many do. The trigger has a lot of take up, which was really annoying at first, but then you dont even notice it. The gun feels and shoots like it was made for comfort primarily. I have had no reliability issues with mine and is great to shoot. One added bonus is a manual safety. IMO thats the only thing the glock is missing.
As for the glock it feels like a brick, which I like a lot. Its got a solid feel, which again is personal preference. Sights are pretty good. Gun is really accurate and everyone whos shot it has been impressed by its accuracy for a glock. Glock also has a solid reputation for reliability but will run you 100-150 dollars more. Trigger is nice, but I can understand how its an aquired taste, but the one thing I like is that each and every trigger pull feels exactly the same.
In the end if you want something thats a bit cheaper and more comfortable to spend a day shooting, the 24/7 is probably your choice.
If you want something that has a solid reputation for reliability and feels solid, with great accuracy, but willing to spend it bit more the glock is probably more your taste.

·
Administrator
18,297 Posts
The Glocks trigger is definitely an acquired taste! The Glock Grip is okay, but nothing to write home about. I prefer the 24/7's trigger and grip!

I have noticed that 24/7's seem to perform well with most any ammunition, whereas Glocks seem to prefer warmer ammunition. It may be because there is more freebore in front of the Glock Chamber.

Although it matters not, the Glocks have Polygonal Rifling and the 24/7's have conventional squared rifling.

I have seen Glocks take a tremendous amount of punishment during some grueling matches, but so have many other guns, and I believe the 24/7 will take anything the Glock can! As for reliability, I have yet to have any feeding problems with my 24/7's, or Taurus Pistols in general. Mine have had a stellar record of working during many IPSC Matches, and this has not gone un-noticed by my shooting buddies.

My experience with Glocks has been with the G17, G21, and G22, and these were/are owned by friends. My 24/7's are a 9mm Pro and .45 OSS Longslide.

I can use either, but my preference lies with what I own, and I own 24/7's. Now I have owned and still own many other firearms that are more expensive, but I like the 24/7's and Taurus Handguns in general, so money/price has nothing to do with it!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
jwc007 said:
Although it matters not, the Glocks have Polygonal Rifling and the 24/7's have conventional squared rifling.
Glock actually employs hexagonal rifling, not polygonal. The hexagonal rifling gives a noticed increase in velocity. If you compare a 4.02 inch barrel G19 with a 4 inch barrel XD9 the Glock's muzzle velocity will always be greater by a fair margin. (Using identical loads of course)

·
Administrator
18,297 Posts
NYPD said:
Glock actually employs hexagonal rifling, not polygonal. The hexagonal rifling gives a noticed increase in velocity. If you compare a 4.02 inch barrel G19 with a 4 inch barrel XD9 the Glock's muzzle velocity will always be greater by a fair margin. (Using identical loads of course)
Sorry, my mistake. I get the two of them confused sometimes. In that case it will matter, as the Glocks barrel may produce slightly more energy, load for load, than the 24/7 will. I would have to chronograph the difference between two comparable pistols and loads. The lesser freebore in front of the 24/7's chamber may negate some of that edge, but the only way to know is to test. (Which I can do at some time in the future.) Another project to my list!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
So did I. Until the "techies" in Smyrna, GA drilled the term "hexagonal" into my brain about 12 years ago. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts