Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Ace, I have heard a few things about one company that makes them although I can't remember who they were. Reliability wasn't the issue; it was actually recoil. The lighter weight of the Glocks provide stiff recoil to some and the added weight of the stainless and/or the titanium platform helps with the recoil just as with any firearm. Let me know if you go for it. What caliber Glock do you have or are you thinking about purchasing?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I agree, Glocks are manageable in any caliber. It's interesting to note from that website that as of now they don't even have the frame for the larger calibers and don't make them at all for the subs. One advantage might be the smaller grip size for those with smaller hands.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The weight may indeed help; IMO the polymer guns are more prone to limp-wrist problems than the heavier guns; or at least they were for me when I first started out.

·
Registered
539 Posts
It took a couple of times at the range when I picked up my first large caliber Glock to shoot it well with either hand; I noticed the 45's didn't like any slack in the old wrist area, much more so than with the 9mm's. So, for me, it just took a time or two at the range and some ammo to get that lil problemo squared away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.