Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to pickup a few extended round capacity magazines for my GLOCK pistols.

First off, lets not make this a GLOCK bashing, what are you thinking reply platform. I say GLOCK because they are one of the few pistols that the aftermarket has blessed with such a wide array of accessory availability items. Some of which I never knew that I needed, least of all wanted.

While I am not really interested in a 100 round magazine drum, I would like something more in the 30 round extended version. I am interested in finding 45acp and 10MM for my GLOCK 30. And also a couple of 9mm, 40sw/357sig to use with a couple of conversion barrels that I use in a few different model GLOCK pistols.

If you know of a good source that preferably is dependable and well priced I would appreciate your sharing this information with me and others here who may have a like interest.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
20,085 Posts

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
I've had good luck with the Korean fun sticks in 9mm and 40... Although I don't shoot them a lot.

I do have a large drum, don't think I've ever used it.

I don't have anything to add on the 45's. Sorry.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Above is spot on in my experience with the 9mm & 40cal however sometimes you may have to clean up casting burrs etc.

Now the Asian 45 mags are junk in my experience. Not sure why but they are in my sample of 3. I won't even use them for range plinking. The springs seem to be way to weak. :(

So then you end having to buy Kriss springs for the 45 vector to get them working... which kind of defeats the whole purpose of buying cheap Korean mags. :(

Read the reviews of SMG mags for the glock 45 platform they must be Korean sources also as I see lots of bad reviews from CTD reviews...

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...s&refType=&from=fn&ecList=7&ecCategory=119440

So until someone like PMAG starts making hi capacity glock 45acp mags.. it looks like we're stuck with the puny 13 rounders

·
Super Moderator
20,010 Posts
They have the factory 33 round mags in stock @ $$35.99 ea. and a BUNCH of other options - 3 pages of 9mm Glock.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/glock-m...9-26-34-9mm-luger-33-round-polymer-black.html
I’ve got a couple of the 33 round stick mags (9mm) and looking to add a 50(+) rd drum mag but admit these are intended for my Ruger PC-9. These are currently available from our LGSs and grab one when needed.

No bashing here. I currently own 4 GLOCK pistols. You are correct: the aftermarket is flush for GLOCK!

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I have ETS and Korean 30+ round 9mm magazines and both types work well. I think I paid $10 each for the Korean mags and they look and work as good as the Glock mags. The ETS mags are IMO better than the Glock mags and I use them in my Glock G23, and my 3 ghost Glocks. I love being able to see what is in the mag immediately and I have never had any problem with the ETS mags. I also have a few 21 round 9mm MagPul Glock mags and they work well too.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I bought several of the Korean mags from Classic Firearms for under $10 a piece. They work great, and are steel lined. I have my doubts about the all plastic magazines, never owned any, but I have heard from more than one person they spread and won't drop free.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Sportsman's Guide usually carries the genuine Glock and the knock-offs....

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
The Magpul 21-rounders (and their standard-cap ones, too) are gtg in my experience. Only available in 9 so far, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts