Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been getting emails about the earth shattering new Glock announcement for two months. Lots of media frenzy and here you go..the new Glock 44 (yawn):

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g44

So much for earth shattering innovation. Oh boy another 22lr pistol. With - wait for it - an amazing mag capacity of 10 rounds. Based on the Glock 19 form factor. SO now we can pay Glock prices for a 22lr that will have that Glock never fail, rugged reliability. Seriously this is no joke - read the Glock specs and prepare to be underwhelmed. Come on Glock how about some real innovation for a change.

·
Administrator
35,317 Posts
Why would you create a new 22LR gun and make it 10 round capacity? :???: This kind of gun is where I'd very likely much rather have a Taurus, I think they did a really good job on their new 22LR pistol.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Hmmmmm..... 10 rounds, must be one heck of a fantastic pistol....How much will this little plinker cost? I haven’t seen this posted anywhere yet to confirm, but a source tells me that the MSRP will be $439, and the street price should be around $350. It will be available to purchase on 1/20/2020.

I think I'll go for the Taurus... Proven, inexpensive, reliable... And I haven't heard anyone complaining about TX Leg....

·
Super Moderator
35,082 Posts
I'll stick with my Rugers, personally. Both are excellent. The Mk series has been around since the late 40s. Mine is near match accurate.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
My favorite part is that they attempted to hype up this announcement claiming that it would be "legendary".

I guess when you live in your own little world in which everything you do is "perfection" then every announcement you make is "legendary" as well, even when you're on your 5th revision of perfection and your legendary announcement is nothing more than diving headfirst into a market in which competition is fierce without bringing anything new to the table.

They should have made a carbine, that would have sold like crazy considering that most carbines use Glock magazines to begin with and most carbines are either cheap like Hi-Point/Kel-Tec or expensive like H&K/SIG.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Super Moderator
35,082 Posts
As to carbines, I prefer my M4, thanks. Of course, my Rossi 92 is useful, accurate, and fun. :D Both are old designs, but work rather well methinks.

·
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My favorite part is that they attempted to hype up this announcement claiming that it would be "legendary".

I guess when you live in your own little world in which everything you do is "perfection" then every announcement you make is "legendary" as well, even when you're on your 5th revision of perfection and your legendary announcement is nothing more than diving headfirst into a market in which competition is fierce without bringing anything new to the table.

They should have made a carbine, that would have sold like crazy considering that most carbines use Glock magazines to begin with and most carbines are either cheap like Hi-Point/Kel-Tec or expensive like H&K/SIG.
I couldn't agree more. A Glock made carbine would in my opinion really be an impact to a market struggling to identify itself. DO you go cheap - with a Hi-point, or maybe a Sub2K, or go mid range with an AR9 or the heavy Ruger. Or upper end with CZ or Sig. A sub $600 Glock carbine would really re-define the PCC market. But I imagine , the next legendary Glock will be a Glock 44X or something similar.

·
Super Moderator
35,082 Posts
If by "carbine", you mean pistol caliber, I'm out. I see no use for 'em. My Rossi 92 in .357 turns into a 100 yard .30-30 with the proper load. :D I can't force myself to appreciate a 9mm or .45 carbine. Now, I MIGHT warm up to a 10mm if I really cared about PCCs. :rofl:

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Man, I was hoping it was the death of Gaston Glock, and them announcing they were making a handgun that didn't have the ergos of a 2x4. Yes, I own a G17, but only as a companion to my Ruger PC Carbine. 2 firearms, one caliber/mag to worry about.

In case you didn't know, Gaston himself has killed several "revolutionary" redesigns of the Glock(namely a complete redesign of the grip). He has become to Glock what Henry Ford Sr and Bill Ruger became in the later years. Screw innovation, just churn it out.

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Does it come with an emergency survival kit?:D

gluck survival kit.jpg

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ordered mine today from LGS... I'm a .22 geek... Gotta try it!

Don't currently own any glockermeisters (had one or two before... but got rid of them long ago) but do have these .22 pistols-

Taurus TX22
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Lite
Ruger SR22
Steyr RFP
Colt 1911-22
High Standard Sport King

And these revolvers

Taurus M990
Colt Frontier Scout
S&W M317
Heritage Roughrider

Plus .22lr rifles and some .22wmr firearms

I just gotta try the Glockmeister

Capture+_2019-12-10-20-43-10~2_1576032723860.png

·
22,321 Posts
For a brief moment there, I thought the breakthrough might be this thing the kids are trying called "ergonomics," but then I remembers we're talking about Glock.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts