Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry a Skye 9mm as my compact 9 ....but now Glock has a Single stack 9mm just ever so slightly larger than the Glock 42....most likey I will purchase one when the sale rush slows down.
Seems like a great carry option.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Worth checking out the M&P Shield, Ruger LC9s Pro, Kahr, etc.. Glock is not creating a new category, rather is late to the game. I am sure the Glock will be a solid choice, however, others are also and it is worth comparing ergonomics, price, sights, etc.. to determine the best for you.

·
22,058 Posts
No thanks. I'll take my 740 and its thumb safety.

But smart move for Glock. I bet they'll sell tons. Heck, Springfield has been doing well with their single stack XD line.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Worth checking out the M&P Shield, Ruger LC9s Pro, Kahr, etc.. Glock is not creating a new category, rather is late to the game. I am sure the Glock will be a solid choice, however, others are also and it is worth comparing ergonomics, price, sights, etc.. to determine the best for you.
I handled a Ruger LC9s...and really liked it.. but I have 6 Glocks I really lke there platform

·
Registered
36,105 Posts
I carry a 9mm Taurus PT-111 G2, because at just a "Cat's Hair wider (cleaned that one up) than the single stack, it still totes 12+1 rounds in it's 21 oz pocketable chassis...

I carry a CZ P-01
its an alloy frame , has 14 round capacity and has over 2000 rounds through it now and never/ever had a single malfunction or even a hesitation!
Plus I can do this with it all day and everyday.------------------

and I can get magazines and parts for it if I want them.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
For me, going with a single stack 9 only matters if you're planning on actually pocket carrying.

If you're going to IWB, the difference is so trivial that going with a double stack just makes more sense.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I love Glocks...not a fanboy, but am really into all things Glock. I don't know about the 43. The S&W shield is cheaper and holds an additional round. So far from what I've seen the 43 won't be that much smaller than my 26, but even .1 of an inch can make a difference IWB.
Basically I'd like to lay hands on one to feel it out...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Reactions: GhostHorse

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Apart from the Glock fanboy's who wanted a "single stack 9" from Glock, there is not going to be much of a demand. I think. There's plenty of other (read cheaper) options available on the market. And, as others have pointed out: there's plenty of options in double stack, pocket pistols that are not a whole lot bulkier than the G43 or their single stack counterparts.

Reactions: CJS3

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I own two Glocks but I can't get excited about a 6+1 9MM that is sooooo late to the game.

Better choices out there.

·
Registered
36,105 Posts
They will sale simply because they are Glocks and they have a very good reputation, as well as more accessories than a street walker in New Orleans!
you gonna have the law enforcement community, Glockaholics, and then the sales clerks that will push the brand.
The what was it model 42 ? the overly large 380 that glock just came out with, that was late to the game, large for a 38o, but still right now I see them selling a good bit.
ON a side note they had a very large gun show in nearby Conyers over the weekend, the news reported that a customer leaving was getting into his vehicle and holstered his gun and shot himself in the leg!
now they didn't mention the brand of gun but anyone care to guess what it was??

Reactions: GhostHorse

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I'm looking to handle one and shoot it if possible.
I'll have my 709 and Kahr along as well - both with a capacity edge. Kahr makes factory 8 round mags so with 1 as back up I have 16 rounds on me with the short mag in the gun. Add another and I have 24.

The 709 pocket carries better being less blocky and the Kahr trigger reset is a bit long.

I shoot large Glocks very naturally - a good match. We'll see.

Reactions: BMC

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm gonna wait for the Gen 2.
I'm with you. I was an early Gen4 adopter and got burned. I'll let others be the guinea pigs.

My current warm weather carry is a Sig P938 AG. It would be nice to have something lighter, but it will be tough for me to find anything better than my P938 to fit my needs.

·
22,058 Posts
Heck, I even prefer single stack for OWB. I use belt slide holsters more than anything else, and even though they snug the gun right up to the torso, there would be times when I'd choose a 1911 over the XD I used to have because the 1911 was slimmer. And my new 740 really takes the cake in this regard.

Reactions: Buckeye!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts