Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glock 48 was a no winner for me.I got the 43X and range tested it really out shot my Glock 19 at same 15-25 yard distance the extra crip is a winner as is the trigger system improved and 10 round mags I got four of them,OTD was $444 !Carrys conceal very well IWB and OWB belt holsters !

·
Super Moderator
19,803 Posts
IIRC, the X models from the manufacturers (Glock and Sig that I know of, perhaps others) have a compact slide/barrel with the grip of a full size. In the case of the Glock 43X it has the slide/barrel length of the G19 but a grip of a G17? If I’ve got the dimensions transposed then I could understand the improvement in shooting but how would you get better accuracy out of one of two models from the same manufacturer with identical barrel lengths?

Not knocking your purchase - always happy with folks who enjoy their purchases. I just haven’t bought into the whole “X Carry” or “X Model” marketing. Having bought Glocks and Sigs from both LGS in town, both sales folk have approached me with the “X”s and I just wave them off as not interested. Maybe they’ll turn out to be onto something with a bright future but, to me, it’s just geometry.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We all have open minds,I would encourage you to test fire the 43X and 48 anmake your own assessments.In my case Our last Issue Glock 19 was a 2nd gen that we got to keep upon retirement,so I was always more in tune with Glocks I stand by my results,but just for lkicks and giggles my Taurus G2C and G2S were just slightly less accurate at 15 yards but hardley any diff.at 25 yards the accuracy on the Taurus both were acceptable center point of aim just a bit low on shilouette target >

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
The G43X and G48 have a similar grip to the original G43, with maybe just a tad longer grip, but much thinner and still shorter than than the G19 frame. The G43X has has a G43 length slide/barrel while the G48 has a G19 length slide/barrel. I have not confirmed, but I suspect, the G43 slide will work on the G43X frame. G48 slide is much thinner than the G19 slide.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I was going to buy a G 43x Black Slide,but yesterday I bought a Sig P365. I have the G-48, that's it for me now.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts