Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice here on a Glock 34 Gen 4. It is in excellent condition and only went to the range once, there is no wear and tear on it. I found them new online for $598.00, that is the cheapest you can get new online without taxes or shipping. He has it advertised for $600 and it comes with three magazines and no ammo. I offer him $560 cash and he responds with $575. If the condition and everything is almost new as mentioned should I take it?
I know a Pawn Glock broker who can get me a NIB Glock 35 for $600 (out-the-door) a favorite term Pawn guys use around here. Glock 35 is just awesome, that's what I really want but the 34 is a more economical choice since I am on a budget right now.

link to advertisement: Pistols : Glock 34 Gen 4 - Perfect Condition!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Well it all depends........ If your going to compete like USPSA (or IDPA), get whichever feels best for you and what is most cost effective especially if you're not reloading(9mm obviously). You can get a conversion barrel for the 35 for 9mm so you can have both calibers in one gun, however you cannot compete with a converted G35.

They are both good deals, as long as the pawn guy is being straight forwards. I personally prefer 9mm for target shooting and that is a target shooting gun. That is just my preference. I also usually regret not getting what "I really wanted" LOL! I don't know if that helps but, good luck. I like the 34 those are sweeet machines!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are both good deals, as long as the pawn guy is being straight forwards.
If he wouldknock off $500 in trade for my Ruger GP100 that would be even better...hmmmm decisions decisions. The Pawn guy is straighter than any of the gun stores I know of he sold me my Pt-92, probably the best pistol I own right now.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I can get 'em for ~$450 with the blue-line. I know GSSF offers the same deal to their members, might want to looking into that.

I think giving him $50 dollars less than he paid for it is more than fair, unless he's added night sights or anything like that. I see these NIB at gun shows for ~$525, they are rare, but can be found.

I personally wouldn't give him anything within $50 of NIB, otherwise why not just buy NIB? Let him know you got your walking shoes on and he might change his tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts