Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some feeedback on Glock 29 10mm. I have to say I've never been a huge Glock fan and never owned one. Was contemplating a full size G20 at one point but when I handled it, didn't like the feel of it at all (and I don't mind the grip of G17/22 that much)... Anyways I never had a chance to play with G29 and was wondering how it compared to the G20/21 in ergonomics? (btw what I didn't like about the G20 was that grip curve the bottom to accomodate the shoulder stock cavity, with a shorter grip I'm hoping it wouldn't be a problem)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The Glock 29 is most similar in dimensions to a Glock 30. The grip is a bit narrower than the bulky G20/21. With the extended mag you can actually get your pinky finger on the grip. Being you are in Canada, would the G29 even be offered since the barrel is only 96mm/3.78 inches?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being you are in Canada, would the G29 even be offered since the barrel is only 96mm/3.78 inches?
Not with the original barrel; but one of the dealers here imports compact Glocks with aftermarket 106mm barrels...

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Looks good, if you can afford the 10mm ammo that's a good system. I know Canada is kinda crazy about carry so I didn't think you would be interested in that. But I could never get any kind of accuracy out of my glock 30, so that has been relegated to a fun gun with my taurus as my carry piece.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be VERY interested in carry if it was legal here! ;) btw some people who work in the wilderness can apply and get a carry permit but I live and work in a urban area (45min from Toronto) so that wouldn't work.

I'm pretty sure with a longer 4.2" barrel it should be more accurate than the stock configuration, so I'm not too worried about the accuracy...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts