Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What? a 45 compared to a 9mm. Has ole silverstring lost his marbles? Well hang in there a bit and find out馃お. I recently picked up two full size handguns. A Police trade 21SF (with armorers log) and a new Sig Sauer P320 full in 9mm. I shot both independently for their first session and realized how similar they felt. So I decided to review them side by side and figure out why.

The 21SF is a reduced grip frame full size Glock 45acp. The reduction is in the front to back dimensions of the grip. Compared to my old Glock 21 gen 2 the difference is amazing. Gen3 reduction in the upper grip, then add in the SF reduction and it doesn't feel like a 2X4 any more.

The 320F is a standard 320 full length medium grip module. The ergo's of the Sig grips are almost always a winner, but in this case its close....
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

I know it seems weird that I seem to think there is something going on to make these two feel and shoot similar.
Air gun Trigger Wood Revolver Mammal

Well lets dig in and find out:
Glock 21SFSig P320F
Weight - 30.2oz's w/unloaded magWeight - 28.4 oz's w/unloaded mag
Weight loaded - 39.8oz's with 13+1 230grnWeight loaded - 36.4oz's with 17+1 124grn
Width @ slide - 1.13"Width @ slide - 1.05"
Width at grip - 1.33"Width @ grip - 1.35"
Length of pull - 2.65"Length of pull - 2.69"
Length - 8"Length - 8"
Height - 5 1/2"Height - 5 5/8"
Trigger pull - 5 pull AVG - 3lb 6oz'sTrigger Pull - 5 pull AVG - 3lb 10 oz's
Trigger - 1/4" pull to Glock Wall with same distance resetTrigger - 1/4" pull to a spongy wall - same distance reset
Computer Laptop Personal computer Office supplies Computer keyboard

It is surprising to see how close these two platforms are in some of the critical measurements, like LOP, grip width etc...The Glock came with the tupperware case, 3 - 13 rnd magazines, manual, cleaning tool and an armorers log. Last entry on log was 03/2019 clean,lube and store. This is a very clean Glock, barrel looked new..not even carbon in those hard to reach places. This Glock was born 09/2009. Total cost was $428.

The Sig P320 came from Kygunco and total cost was $528. It came with 2 - 17 rnd mags and a nice Sig plastic case, manuals, tools, and lube. This Sig was born 03/2021.

Amber Yellow Audio equipment Electronic instrument Computer hardware

These 18X10 targets were at 15 yards. 4 - 17 round mags through the 320 and 4 - 13 round mags through the 21SF. Hmmmm where are all the Glock holes? Once I settled in many of the rounds went through the same holes. The Sig was no slouch either. But clearly I shoot the Glock a bit better. The Sig P320 runs smoother, but both are very comfortable. Both have stock trigger systems, with my normal action surface polish work. I did an undercut on the Glock frame and a trigger guard reduction. Then installed the new Pro Talon Grip tape on the frame. This is hands down the best Talon grip I have used. Feels like a stippling job with a rubber medium. The Sig grip has the excellent laser stippling of all the 320's. Both pistols stayed locked in my grip and ran fast and accurate. Now to decide - which one is going to take over main home defense pistol. Both will run my crimson trace light. I even carried the 21SF over the weekend in one of my Glock leather IWB holsters..ya know it wasn't half bad. Decisions decisions...Thanks for reading , hope ya'll get a chance to launch some freedom seeds this weekend.

Registered
For some reason, the US Military really likes big, chunky 9mm Handguns, presumably because they're so overbuilt that they'll have a longer service life and be easier to control, so it's no surprise that the latest Military 9mm Sidearm is roughly equal in size to a .45 Duty Pistol.

That being said, personally when it comes to Home Defense, I always opt for a larger caliber bullet.

Registered
When are you going to run the old "shoot myself in the Leg / Foot" test to see which one does best at that?

Hand Arm Facial expression Vertebrate World

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When are you going to run the old "shoot myself in the Leg / Foot" test to see which one does best at that?

View attachment 481865
Dang just when i found all the marbles, I read this..arghh..there they go again bouncing around on the floor. Can't laugh and hold onto marbles at same time. 馃ゴ

Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For some reason, the US Military really likes big, chunky 9mm Handguns, presumably because they're so overbuilt that they'll have a longer service life and be easier to control, so it's no surprise that the latest Military 9mm Sidearm is roughly equal in size to a .45 Duty Pistol.

That being said, personally when it comes to Home Defense, I always opt for a larger caliber bullet.
You convinced me..I added XS night sights, extended slide stop, altered a leather holster to fit it with my CT light. 14 rounds of 230grn golden Saber. I shoot it so darn well it is now my main home defense pistol.

Administrator
Congratulations on the newer Weapons and may they serve you well! :)

You would be well armed with either, but a bigger Bullet is always nice to have. For awhile, I did use my Taurus PT24/7 OSS .45 as my Winter House Gun and I could still go back to that today.
These days, I just use whatever I'm carrying as my House Gun.

PT24/7 OSS DS .45 ACP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts