1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Whooa

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Whew! For once I'm glad I was broke this weekend! Was thinking about going!

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Went to one in Fort Worth on Dec. 22nd and walked in about lunch time. It was INSANE!!!! But not as insane as it was at 0800! We could barely move around as it was and the aisles were impassible when they opened. Folks are running scared. It was Dallas' turn this week end and from what I hear it was absolutely nuts, too.

Sent using TapaTalk HD

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
They are a waste of time IMO. Last time I went it was a waste of time, to many people and the lines so long I cant take my time to look and ask questions. It rather just order one and have it sent to my dealer.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wonder if they found good deals or price gouging taking place..
With 8000 visitors, it is a sellers market.

My LE6920 I bought for $1,100, and still was at that price two months ago, is now at $3,000. Yes, Insane.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
We had a gun show here this weekend , I was thinking about going until I talked to my buddy that had just left there. He waited in line for 40min before he got into the building. He bought a used AR generic brand I can't recall $ 1300.00 just a basic AR. He said the new ones on average were going for $2200.00 !!
I didn't really have any cash to spend anyway especially at those prices. Still don't own a black rifle not looking real good that I will either.

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
Wonder if they found good deals or price gouging taking place..
I was there, and did find a few bargains. One was my normal $2.00 parking fee - two blocks away- was at a super good price of $8.00, the same as the show's admission price. Another was a delicious cup of old stale coffee at $2.00!. I did find a Colt 1911 22LR for $340.00, so got it while I could. That was my last Gun Show.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Didn't go to the last one. Money was all spent too

·
Registered
16,141 Posts
You can find some deals if you look in the obscure areas of the shows. I always avoid the tables with those evil black rifles. My biggest thing right now is trying to stock up on 38 super ammo for the wife's 1911. Prices at the shows are much better than LGS's or on line.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Thought briefly (10 milliseconds or so) about going to the gun show in Pasadena, TX, last weekend, to look for some range ammo. Went to the Academy in Webster instead, and scored a couple of .40 S&W 165 grain 100 round value packs @ $34.95 plus tax. There were three, but I left one for some other TA member to scrounge.:)

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
The next show here in Jax is the 19th and 20th of this month. I plan on going just for the carnival atmosphere. I might pick up some ammo if anyone has any 22LR or some reload supplies. Too bad I can't sell BBQ sandwiches and beer in the parking lot. I'd make a boat load of cash. The only thing Bubba loves more than a gun is BBQ and Beer!

·
10,379 Posts
We've got one coming up this weekend. I haven't decided if I'm going to stop in or not. Two years ago they kinda ticked me off by charging $20/head admission and the prices were outrageous (think $40 for a ziplock of "reloaded" ammo...umm, no thanks I'll pass). I guess I miss the good old days where it was more like a flea market, where the vendors paid a small fee to set up a booth and people would just wander through.

I'll probably buzz down there, if they're still charging admission I'll turn right around and buzz back home and do some shooting instead.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.