Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I may or may not have skipped out of work a tad early to go to my lgs Dry Creek Firearms. This gun has been on my mind since i saw it Dec 21. The night i chose a Taurus 9mm over it because the ammo is cheaper....bad idea. The Taurus is a great gun. This however while not being a 1911, is still one beautiful piece of work. I'm still trying to find out if its a browning high power clone or a Smith & Wesson clone. This is a whole new format for me! What i do know is that it its a double action/single action semi auto 45 acp. A combat gun through and through. The blue is 99%. The trigger us AMAZING! The gun has a safety/decocker. It has fixed three dot sight. I shot five rounds last night and the best was two inches low dead center. Once i shoot a box through her I'm confident that I'll be dead nuts with this thing. It was my introduction into the world of 45. That's right...first time shooting a big boy gun. Wow! Did i mention i love the gun? Made in Hungary by FEG. Coincidentally, the shells that Gary (owner of store and ex owner of gun) sold me are also from Hungary.....weird. He told me that this was his old match gun.Any way, here's some pictures and if you all know about these, please take me to school..thanks and enjoy!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No feg fans? Oh well,i like it

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've been researching all day...not allot on the 45. Lots on the nine. Mine seems to be more of a Smith clone because its got da/sa. People say stay away cause parts are hard to find. I don't go shooting very often so i should be ok. Its built like a tank and fits my hand much better. Thanks by the way!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
FEG originally made copies of the Browning Hi-power, but I don't think they were all that picky about what patents they infringed on. I had a PPK copy made by them 20 years ago that was a very nice piece, over all high quality pistols.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
It's a near copy of the S&W 745. The F.E.G. Browning copy has HP in it's designation. The easy give away is the position of the safety. The S&W is slide mounted, as is it's clone, yours. The Browning's is frame mounted, and so is it's clone.
It should be o.k. but no +P loads.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Never seen one of those before, but I like it....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I like it Celt! Rough looking finish on the barrel but I like it. Welcome to world of .45ACP's too! Good kick on it..right?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like it Celt! Rough looking finish on the barrel but I like it. Welcome to world of .45ACP's too! Good kick on it..right?

Thanks! That's actually the reflection if the floor wrapping around

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Thanks! That's actually the reflection if the floor wrapping around
Yep, I had to take a second and third look at that a few days ago. It does look like the reflection in a highly polished slide. You can tell for sure by looking at the front sight's reflection. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts