Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at a local gun range today and one of the guys there had a Zenith full size 9mm pistol. Good looking gun said he bought it from CDNN he had the gun in the plastic case it came in and it had a cleaning kit, lock, two extra back straps, a tool for the back straps three 17 round mags just a good looking weapon he said he got it for $279.99. Just wondering if anyone here had any experience with this firearm, I did some looking and CDNN does have it listed at that price also comes in a compact model.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hmmmmm........I wonder if we'll soon see guns from Quasar and Curtis Mathes too? Maybe there will be a space age looking model called the Trinitron?

J/K! Never heard of 'em, but......I don't know why anyone would buy one, when you can get a Ruger (well known Co w/excellent reputation) Security 9 for the same money???

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I've seen reviews of many of these poly guns from Turkey, they all seem positive.
I don't know this model without looking it up, but they have several models where they take aspects of several gun designs and combine them into one.
There's one version that is kinda a blend of M&P and HK. Nice looking gun.
My only experience with Zenith, is the M45 1911. Very nice for $400.

I think they market several similar guns, under different brand and model names. They make a Beretta clone as well.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that is the same model and case set up that he had at the range, he shot about 200 rounds through it with not hiccup so I guess it was working fine. I agree with the Ruger but I have a Ruger SR9C and a SR40 but was just wondering if anyone had seen reviews or had experience with these weapons.

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
Hmmmmm........I wonder if we'll soon see guns from Quasar and Curtis Mathes too? Maybe there will be a space age looking model called the Trinitron?
TO LATE--much to late!
Beretta already beat them to it several years ago!

Attachments

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
The question for me is always---What happens if you need parts or service for such weapons??
who is importing these weapons and how/ where do they provide service ?

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
The question for me is always---What happens if you need parts or service for such weapons??
who is importing these weapons and how/ where do they provide service ?
I own several Turkish weapons, they are almost all clones of other makers, CZ, Colt, Walther, etc. replacement parts for the cloned gun usually work. As far as service goes I have only taken a gun to a local smith once, never again. The only gunsmith I would trust is family and about a thousand miles away, so if it needs done I will figure out how to do it myself.

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
I own several Turkish weapons, they are almost all clones of other makers, CZ, Colt, Walther, etc. replacement parts for the cloned gun usually work. As far as service goes I have only taken a gun to a local smith once, never again. The only gunsmith I would trust is family and about a thousand miles away, so if it needs done I will figure out how to do it myself.
ahh, from what I hear "Usually" only applies Usually and not all the time?
I know in the case of the CZ clones several internal parts are the same as CZ--some are some are not.
same with the tanfoglio ( EAA clones), they are not all the same parts as CZ.
and as for service I was thinking more about the manufactures warranty, is there one and how is a weapon handled by the importer should that be needed.
IF I recall in particular there were several parts in a Girsan 1911 that were not compatible with Colt (and clone parts) I do not own a Girsan myself.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
One of the big gun stores around here had a used Zenith .380 for not much money. Looked in very good condition and stylish, in a classic sort of way. Steel frame, as I recall. I'd never heard of them before, so I looked them up online. Kind of a new offering, I guess.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
The only issue would be...this should sound familiar to many of us... parts availability/ mags availability.

So in the price range these are going...$250-280, I'd much rather buy this option knowing there will be good parts and support available from a trusted company.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Zenith is a Turkish manufacturer owned by Americans based in Afton, VA. Their customer service is supposed to be top-notch. I have fired a friend's Zenith. It's an excellent gun, just doesn't fit me right. I do own a SAR plastic CZ clone, made in Turkey. It is a most excellent pistol.

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
Here's a review:

Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Registered
535 Posts
TO LATE--much to late!
Beretta already beat them to it several years ago!
LOL! I had a Neos for a while. Neat little pistol. I miss it, but not enough to go buy another.

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
LOL! I had a Neos for a while. Neat little pistol. I miss it, but not enough to go buy another.
dollar for dollar if you are looking for a accurate lil 22 pistol for plinking or for a kid or the wife they are very hard to beat. pretty easy to take down, mags are fairly inexpensive, most parts are easy to get from the mothership, not a real heavy weapon, accurate--although the triggers aren't Ruger MK or Browning Buckmark triggers. and they seem to fit everyones hands with the ergos.

Attachments

Reactions: FreeInAZ
1 - 20 of 23 Posts