Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

The BBC talks with Baker about his playing and how "he" got Cream together. You watch all of the video but in 34:08 it to just the Baker interview on his playing techniques.

·
Super Moderator
36,040 Posts
Truly a legend has left our space...he was an inspiration to generations of musicians.

Reactions: darbo and kschilk

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I was fortunate to see them at the Royal Albert Hall in London, November 1968. I was what the British Army called a 'boy soldier', I'd joined September 1967 at 15 (you can't do that now) basically to serve an Army apprenticeship. Eventually served 22 years 6 months and 4 days..!! I was on leave and visiting a friend in London and happened on the concert. I got some very strange looks from people as my hair was a certified Army cut; shaved up the sides, flat top above..!! I think people might have thought I was a cop..
I loved Cream's music then and I still do now. So, in memory of Ginger Baker I have "Wheels of Fire" playing in the background... excellent stuff.

·
Super Moderator
35,078 Posts
Reactions: kschilk

·
Premium Member
11,073 Posts
I was kinda surprised when my wife told me. I thought he died a long time ago from an OD.

Reactions: kschilk
1 - 10 of 10 Posts