Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just having a bit if fun and thought Id pass this along. Just a few bits and bobs from my collection put together to see if it would all work and beleive it or not it does pretty good.

Reactions: melter68

·
Registered
27,127 Posts
Personally I recommend a .22 LR for zombies. Since you need a head shot, anyway - why waste expensive ammo.
Edit: and since zombies are attracted to loud noises, a suppressed .22 would be even better.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
That's a pretty useful expenditure of equipment if you ask me! The pt92 is second favorite of my Tauri right behind the pt1911, those two will never leave me!

·
10,379 Posts
Great googely moogely! I'd hate to see the holster for that beast.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Believe it or not.........I was at my LGS today and of course they had Hornady's Zombie Max ammo, but they also had some small handguns that were labeled "Zombie Slayers". I believe they were Ruger LCP's or prehaps LC9's.
Somebody is making money!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Just having a bit if fun and thought Id pass this along. Just a few bits and bobs from my collection put together to see if it would all work and beleive it or not it does pretty good.

Holster, what holster? Just hang a single point sling on it and wear it around your neck. By the way, where in heck is the select fire switch on that thing? ME WANT ONE! :D

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Ill take two in all stainless finish; scratch that, make them both shiny reflect-the-sun-its-so clean nickel finish.Send delivery w/10,000 rounds of 9mm ammunition to Care of SilverTauruon at secret nuclear bunker, South Dakota, Zip Code (REDACTED) .

Don't worry the mailman knows where to find me. Happy War!

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Personally I recommend a .22 LR for zombies. Since you need a head shot, anyway - why waste expensive ammo.
Edit: and since zombies are attracted to loud noises, a suppressed .22 would be even better.
No 9mm better capacity than .40/.45 and has the power to punch a hole in the skull at a greater range than .22. .22 can do the job but you need better aim than with the 9mm something you may not have mid zombie attack. Then again for only a few zombies hand to hand with a blade or even blunt weapon is best.

·
Registered
27,127 Posts
If you're talking handgun, you're talking short range. And .22 LR has the advantages:
  • rifles readily available, offering increased range and accuracy.
  • once the bullet penetrates the skull it bounces around mushifying the zombie's brain
  • ammo is light - you can easily carry 3 times the number of rounds with .22 than with 9mm
  • ammo is ubiquitous, wherever you run, thinking you can escape being zombified, you will be able to pick up more .22 ammo. Lots of it.
  • pretty much any North American game can be taken with a .22 and good hunting techniques - if you dare eat meat, not knowing if that will communicate the zombie virus to you.
  • it makes less noise and will be less likely to attract more zombies to your neighborhood.

Reactions: Taurus_9mm

·
Registered
15,646 Posts

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Molotov cocktails, land mines and grenades would be the most fun. More bang for the undead buck so to speak. Lol

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That's nice but that has nothing on my custom rubber bands. lol

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
You're prepared for the zombies but do you have any silver bullets for the werewolves? ;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
what about a axe. simple head bang. nice pics

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Forget about the Molotov Cocktails, all the Zombies do is run around aflame and catching everything they come into contact with on fire. I mean, you could be throwing down those Molotov's from above and the stupid Zombies could burn down the building you are on by accident.

Landmines and grenades will immobilize them, but then you still got to dispatch each of them with a blow to the head.

I'm thinking you herd them through like you would cattle to a catch pen, then rig up something like what the chicken houses use to decapitate chickens, and it would automatically snap each head off as they come down the chute. Of course, all it takes is one smart Zombie to screw everything up.

Just saying.

·
Registered
612 Posts
now thats an idea green wolf.. Quick everyone to a chicken farm..

·
Registered
21,103 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Interesting marketing ploy, and actually the video is shot very very well

[]
Best part is that Academy has them $2 a box cheaper than the original Hornady Critical defense (Gold box) and they are exactly the same round except the projectile insert is red on the critical defense and green on the Zombie max rds!!!!! You gotta love a good marketing scheme. SOmebody who would never spend the money for 20 rds of critical defense will jump on the Zombie killers. Save the boxes--- the grandkids want them!!!

·
10,379 Posts
LoL I just bought a couple boxes (.45 for myself, 9mm for my brother as a gag gift) as collectors/novelty items.

Then turned around and bought 2 boxes of the actual Critical Defense ammo due to the quality of the Z-Max I received. So, yeah, great marketing on the part of Hornady, $40 on two boxes of novelty ammo and another $45 on new SD ammo. I usually carry my XTP handloads, but, figured "what the hell, I'll give 'er a try"

After I burn the Critical Defense I'll more than likely go back to my XTPs, $26/100 beats $24/20 any day of the week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts